30 Seasons.

As i understand from reading upon the PSP version of FM '06 we can only play for 30 seasons im just wondering why?

Although ive never amassed 30 seasons on FM for pc (probaly due to pc speed) i did 23 on FM '05, so ill have my PSP with me all the time and will be able to get more play time and it will be quicker so i think ill get to 30 seasons.

So :-

Why 30 seasons?

What happens once you reach 30 seasons?

Will there be any way to carry on after 30 seasons?

As i understand from reading upon the PSP version of FM '06 we can only play for 30 seasons im just wondering why?

Although ive never amassed 30 seasons on FM for pc (probaly due to pc speed) i did 23 on FM '05, so ill have my PSP with me all the time and will be able to get more play time and it will be quicker so i think ill get to 30 seasons.

So :-

Why 30 seasons?

What happens once you reach 30 seasons?

Will there be any way to carry on after 30 seasons?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why 30 seasons? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When making a console game the console manufacturer generally likes to be able to reassure themselves that the game is present and completed, that is they can play through it from start to finish as such having an 'end' to it is something they prefer to be present.

We chose 30 seasons because it was generally accepted as a 'reasonable' playing span - that is most people won't ever reach that many seasons in a game.

(plus it is 'traditionally' the limit on our games back when they existed on other platforms - ie. early CM games and the old Xbox versions)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What happens once you reach 30 seasons? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the 30 season point you retire from management and recieve a career review which details how you've performed in stats and gives you a semi-light hearted review of your career once you left football (which is determined by how well you've done during your 30 seasons - do badly and your post football career is likely to be managing a pub or similar icon_wink.gif ).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Will there be any way to carry on after 30 seasons? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I'm afraid not.

Hope this helps,

Marc

That cleared it all up thanx Marc. This is the good thing about SiGames you can ask the makers questions directly and get answers directly not like most computer companies were your speaking to a ditzy blonde on the phone.

Im obviously buying still, seen as my life style will be changeing and ill be on the move a lot, hopefully some wizz kid will bring out a patch or something to take me past 30 season:P

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wes_Coulam:

That cleared it all up thanx Marc. This is the good thing about SiGames you can ask the makers questions directly and get answers directly not like most computer companies were your speaking to a ditzy blonde on the phone.

Si dont hire staff just for looks icon_biggrin.gif

Im obviously buying still, seen as my life style will be changeing and ill be on the move a lot, hopefully some wizz kid will bring out a patch or something to take me past 30 season:P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never really play more then 30 seasons,so im not bothred by the limit of seasons. icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Marc If You Could Answer This Would Be Great

I know that Sony are pretty strict on the release of PSP games and as far i can remember they have specific teams to test games and they like to "complete" them to the end to ensure there are no hidden problems at the end of the game hoping people will ignore.

My question is did Sony have any say in the length of the games longetivity as they will have to play it for 30 seasons.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike8:

Marc If You Could Answer This Would Be Great

I know that Sony are pretty strict on the release of PSP games and as far i can remember they have specific teams to test games and they like to "complete" them to the end to ensure there are no hidden problems at the end of the game hoping people will ignore.

My question is did Sony have any say in the length of the games longetivity as they will have to play it for 30 seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sony never requested a specific length off us - 30 seasons was what we proposed and both Sega and Sony didn't argue with it.

Why that length you ask? - simply put its longer than most people play their FM careers for and allows people to have a decent meaty career BUT also is short enough for testing to be finite and possible to play to 'completion'.

Its also 'traditionally' the limit we've placed on console games (and indeed on our earlier PC products such as CM2).

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SynapseR:

Out of interest, does FM 06 for the PC have such a limit ?

Or is it unlimited seasons ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The PC title is only limited by the amount of hard-disk space you have available (which in most cases means the game is near limitless).

Archived