National Team Management for the [iPhone]

I'm currently in charge of the French National Team in May of 2014 and am about head into the 2014 World Cup Finals. I'm having some serious problems however managing some very basic team functions.

1. National Team Call Ups?

I have yet to figure out how to call up players to the national team. Not only can I not call players up, sometimes players just disappear out of the blue. I understand that maybe players may stop playing with their national teams, but for instance, K. Benzema, at age 26 just disappeared from my selection screen when 2013 turned into 2014 - just before the World Cup Finals. As he's also the most valuable player in my world at the moment and obviously my top striker, I'm not to thrilled about that.

On my team selection list I have about 24-26 players to choose from. I made the mistake of demoting players off the team in hopes of bringing new blood in but that didn't work and the game basically locked on me as I had too few players. (see problem #2 )

When I find french players that I might want to use or have used before, they just show a grey/blacked out "scout player" box. The 'press' also make note of players that I didn't call up although they never showed up as a possibility although world class and under 24. What am I doing wrong?

2. Player Selection

So right now I'm really excited about starting this world cup campaign... Except I can't start it. I'm being asked to select my roster of 23 for the Finals but when I attempt to select players, it only has room for 11 starters and 9 subs. I feel like I've tried every way possible (all 3 viewing options: overview, formation, detailed) and there's just no way I've been able to make it work. I can only select 20 players total (11 + 9). Not only would I not have access to these subs during the finals, the game won't let me continue without selecting 23 players. So... I'm basically locked out. Until I can select 3 additional players, I cannot manage France to world cup glory.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Hi avivas82

Sorry to hear about the confusion and problems that you are getting.

To call up a player you must have space in your squad. So if you navigate to your current France squad and it says "26 players" are in the squad then you will not be able to call another player up until you have removed a current player. This can be done by going to one of your 26 players and selecting Action -> Remove (Nation). After that there should be 25 players, allowing one more to be called up.

To find eligible players it is best to use Player Search where there is a filter called "Nation". This is found in the Customise section of Player Search. When you set this to Yes and Confirm your Player Search will show players with French nationality. Call up a player by going to his screen and selecting Action -> Call Up (Nation).

Are you using the holiday option at all? This is a possible explanation as to why players might be removed from your squad.

I will have a look at your second problem now, if you could let me know if what I have said is of any use it would be good.

2. Player Selection

So right now I'm really excited about starting this world cup campaign... Except I can't start it. I'm being asked to select my roster of 23 for the Finals but when I attempt to select players, it only has room for 11 starters and 9 subs. I feel like I've tried every way possible (all 3 viewing options: overview, formation, detailed) and there's just no way I've been able to make it work. I can only select 20 players total (11 + 9). Not only would I not have access to these subs during the finals, the game won't let me continue without selecting 23 players. So... I'm basically locked out. Until I can select 3 additional players, I cannot manage France to world cup glory.

When you are asked to confirm the squad, it means you must have 23 players in the squad, not 23 players in the line up. Navigate to your squad screen, where you pick players for matches and check the number of players stated in the screen title "France Nation Squad - Selection (26 Players)" for example. This number of players must say 23, so if you have more than 23 you must remove some players by going to their screen and selecting Action -> Remove (Nation) to bring the number down to 23. If you have fewer than 23 you will need to go to French players in the game who are not already in your squad and select Action -> Call Up (Nation).

Does this help?

Archived