FM08/WSM: CONFUSED!

Greetings Comrades!

I've been a huge FM fan since back in the day. Problem is I cant seem to get the latest edition of FM (08) at my present location:

I am based in Africa!

Thus, my best bet is to get a digital download from Steam or D2D..What is WSM exactly? Is it IDENTICAL to FM? Or is it more US centric?

Greetings Comrades!

I've been a huge FM fan since back in the day. Problem is I cant seem to get the latest edition of FM (08) at my present location:

I am based in Africa!

Thus, my best bet is to get a digital download from Steam or D2D..What is WSM exactly? Is it IDENTICAL to FM? Or is it more US centric?

By the way SI: It might be time to consider having digital download versions of FM available on your site to some of your fans who dont have the convinience of having a videogame store around the corner. Maybe for FM09?

From reading on here I think the only difference is English words are 'translated' to their American-English equivalent. Not sure which ones exactly but probably things like pitch -> field, squad -> roster, football -> soccer and Beckham -> World Class Player icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">SI: It might be time to consider having digital download versions of FM available on your site to some of your fans who dont have the convinience of having a videogame store around the corner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need for a store around the corner. Havent you ever heard of buying online? I bought FM2008 online and got it cheaper than I would have got it from any shop.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> FMM does not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I beleive it does. It has the option for that version in the programs options at least?

Just to clarify all the language claims:

WWSM has an extra language pack for American-English. But English-English is still there just like FM... so you're not forced to use American-English if you have WWSM.

And that's really the only difference, apart from packaging.

This is good news!

The english doesn't bother me as such (I studied/lived/worked in both the UK/US and I love Clam chowder just as much as Steak and Kidney Pie) but I was worried about stats and all the teams being in there

Scott: Sorry budd but I am actually Emirian (UAE) but I do speak a bit of Afrikaans:

Both Manchester United and Chelsea are KAK!

Archived