Football Manager 2011 blogs

• SI Staff
  • Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great!! I can't wait for the demo :) Hopefully we get some more information about how to create a B-team or so, the new feature.

Miles, do you think Football Manager 11 will be higher in the UK charts then Formula 1?

FM11 is likely to get stuffed in the PC charts due to it coming out 4 days before COD7 which should still have a strong PC modders community.

• SI Staff
Great!! I can't wait for the demo :) Hopefully we get some more information about how to create a B-team or so, the new feature.

Miles, do you think Football Manager 11 will be higher in the UK charts then Formula 1?

It's pretty hard to go into the charts above no.1!

I doubt we'll be "all formats" no.1 this year, due to coming out the same week as Gran Turismo. Stranger things have happened though. F1 actually sold incredibly well this week, so we might not even outsell their first week (only one of our games has done the same numbers as them). But then the numbers aren't allowed to be made public so...

Cool nice one Miles!!! Really appreciate these blogs. Been waiting for the blogs for ages now! :thup:

I don't supoose you will answer this - but will there be any new playable countries in Europe? - not any names just a yes or no would be great thanks!!!! :)

Unlikely there'll be more out of the box, but they're easy enough to add with the competition editor. Whether there'll be more licensed leagues or not - well, you'll have to wait for a much later blog for that....

It's pretty hard to go into the charts above no.1!

I doubt we'll be "all formats" no.1 this year, due to coming out the same week as Gran Turismo. Stranger things have happened though. F1 actually sold incredibly well this week, so we might not even outsell their first week (only one of our games has done the same numbers as them). But then the numbers aren't allowed to be made public so...

Unlikely there'll be more out of the box, but they're easy enough to add with the competition editor. Whether there'll be more licensed leagues or not - well, you'll have to wait for a much later blog for that....

Im sure ive read somewhere that the Danish League (i think) is now licensed. If we have to wait for a much later blog about more licensed leagues but Denmark has already been mentioned, that suggests to me there is at least one more league licensed this year. Am I just reading too much into it?

Tonight at midnight?

Wow that sounds great. Will stay up late so I can see it.

Im sure ive read somewhere that the Danish League (i think) is now licensed. If we have to wait for a much later blog about more licensed leagues but Denmark has already been mentioned, that suggests to me there is at least one more league licensed this year. Am I just reading too much into it?

It was said on the podcast mate. :thup:

Well, almost nothing new in the second blog, but am looking forward to the next one (on Thursday). The next one is about revamped and overhauled media and press-conferences. It will be in-depth about that.

And when FM11 was first announced, SI said that there are over 500 new features, right? In the latest blog it say that there are about 400 new features. So, which one is correct?

• SI Staff
Well, almost nothing new in the second blog, but am looking forward to the next one (on Thursday). The next one is about revamped and overhauled media and press-conferences. It will be in-depth about that.

And when FM11 was first announced, Si said that there are over 500 new features, right? In the latest blog it say that there are about 00 new features. So, which one is correct?

No, we didn't. The highest quote I've seen yet is 400.

And media and press conferences it the next 2 days, not tomorrow :)

If im not mistaken, I belive 500 was the number from the feature roulette of the podcasts, but that containted empty slots too =) Nevertheless, 400 is a nice amount, and the things revealed so far is enough to buy the game in my opinion. But fortunately its more to come. Guess we're seeing the effects of SI growing in staff numbers and the work they did last year with organizing their databases and such :) Besides, it's really not only the number of features which counts, now is it? I have a feeling some game developers goes like "lets change the color of that button, so we can add interface rewamp to the featurelist". Not that im saying SI does that ofc :p But as we heard in the podcasts, some features are really small, like a tiny addition to the editor. I'm guessing Miles still got a couple aces up his sleve tho, yet to be revealed :p

Looking forward to the blogs, especially the ones revealing detailes on media and player interaction. Thrilled that you're making an effort to making the game more.. well... dynamic :)

No, we didn't. The highest quote I've seen yet is 400.

And media and press conferences it the next 2 days, not tomorrow :)

I see. I could bet that I read that there are over 500 new features for FM11, but around 400 is also the best so far ever. :thup:

Anyway, I'm okay with that blog being out on Thursday or Friday. :)

I see. I could bet that I read that there are over 500 new features for FM11, but around 400 is also the best so far ever. :thup:

Anyway, I'm okay with that blog being out on Thursday or Friday. :)

I have also read (or heard via podcast) that there was 500 new features. Im sure somebody will dig it out soon enough :p

I hope to read in the blogs that the scouting report has been improved as it's too easy to get in a day a complete report of a player, it's quiet far from reality.

I hope even that the training reports are more detailed in each and every part.

These 2 features is for me among "big" features still not annonced, so I really HOPE to be surprised.

For other things, I can wait for FM 2012...

• SI Staff
I think like was said earlier is that feature roulette was between 1 and 500 but there were number which did not contain any features so that is where the 500 comes from.

That is correct.

Just been confirmed - next blog will be live at midnight again. Will tweet when it's live. Now to write Friday's one....

Miles on twitter.

That's also correct :)

400 more features,look foward to it....what a haul this year!

No, not 400 more. About 400 overall. I think a bit more than half new features still haven't been announced and some won't be even annonced. Those are for us to discover in the game.

No, not 400 more. About 400 overall. I think a bit more than half new features still haven't been announced and some won't be even annonced. Those are for us to discover in the game.

I wouldnt even call most of them features though. A feature to me is the Set Piece Creator, DLR, improved training, real time negotiations and so on. I wouldnt call a bar showing on a penalty shootout a 'feature'. That to me is just info that should be there anyway which comes into the bracet of an improved interface but not a feature. Don't get me wrong im happy about everything that has been done and cant wait for the game but thats just my perception of features.

I wouldnt even call most of them features though. A feature to me is the Set Piece Creator, DLR, improved training, real time negotiations and so on. I wouldnt call a bar showing on a penalty shootout a 'feature'. That to me is just info that should be there anyway which comes into the bracet of an improved interface but not a feature. Don't get me wrong im happy about everything that has been done and cant wait for the game but thats just my perception of features.

I understand you fully, but it's just the way it goes. It's something new so, it's automatically a new feature.

• SI Staff

I think I've made it pretty clear how that figure is worked out, it does include the smaller new things too. No one should get hung up on the figure though anyway - it's whether the game is any good or not that matters, or whether you like the new and revamped features.

New blog was awesome.

Can't wait for the others!

Seconded! I'm really loving all the new features you mentioned in the latest blog. Will be awesome really and I think it's the right thing that you done considering the topic in the latest blog. Already looking to the Friday blog!

Cheers.

some of those extra news items look like they will really add to the game

after all the inbox screen is one of the most visited screen in the game and the information that flows through it essentially drives a huge portion of the user experience

anything that can make this more enjoyable and provide more interesting and varied information (ie: to reduce the amount of click click clicking at rapid speed through the inbox) is a great idea

Archived