UEFA Financial Fair Play Rules

Novox

Firstly, I would like to apologize if its been spoken about before or if i misunderstood some of the upcoming changes.

From what I understand, these rules have been approved unanimously by a board and will be coming into affect by 2012.

Every year leading up to 2012 from now will have restrictions on the amount a club owner can "invest" into a club and by 2012, ideally, a club will have to be run based on its revenue.

My question is, will this be implemented into the new FM11, and if yes. How do you believe it will affect game play.

Note: If a club decides to invest money now, as City and Real Madrid have, and clubs such as Chelsea are considering so, they could overcome this rule as the capital "invested" will be considered part of the clubs revenue.

Personally. I hope that it reduces ridiculous amounts of transfer budgets given by chairmen in long-term games with top division clubs and will force clubs to turn to their youth. Now I do hope the AI will be smart enough to do so and keep their reserves and try to develop them.

Note : If teams' financial reports do not suit the requirements of the UEFA committee, they will not be allowed to participate in any European competition that year. Maybe this will force us to keep a tight budget and actually pay attention to the financial chart in the game.

Oh there is definitely going to be loop holes but if im not mistaken, TV revenue is decided by the EPL, whereas La Liga teams get to pick their own clients showing their game, so it seems the spanish get a slight advantage, not to mention most of the teams are forced to use home grown players.

I would actually look forward to seeing this being implemented in the game simply to reduce ridiculous transfer budgets. I always feel like i need to use it up, and increasing wage budget endlessly isn't a fun way to go about it.

Archived