Training camps abroad

Just thinking that it would be a nice feature if you could organise, or have your assistant organise your teams training in preseason. Not sure what impact it'd have on the gameplay, but it'd be nice to see a message telling me that my team have set off for their camp in Spain somewhere, and it could be a way of letting youth players know that they're part of my plans and I'm taking them to train with the first teamers. Obviously, not every club does it or can afford it, but it happens so it would add realism.

Thoughts?

I always try and send my U19's to a quick pre-season tour of Afghanistan clubs. :)

Not sure it's the same as a training camp, but I like to see it as character building in my in-game world!!

What's 70 000 screaming Mancs (though not sure of % of those there are Mancs) that hate you at Old Trafford or playing against 90 000 Catalans in the Camp Nou after a few weeks in Helmand as a youth player??

I'm sure that'd be quite the experience! They can use the Taliban as target practice, full points if you can hit them on the noggin with the ball from 100 yards. :D

Though they'd also come back having learned to dive a bit better, I mean, they'd be hitting the deck so often that it'd be second nature. :D

Man Utd didn't go to the America for preparation, but more so for financial gains.

A better example is Arsenal going to Austria. Arsenal is one of the few big clubs who refuse to do the merchandising tour (last one I remember was the one they went to Thailand, back in the Petit days.) When Arsenal is at Austria, it's purely physical workout, and two matches with two unknown clubs. Just getting the players ready for the season, physically, before they start playing the "real" pre-season friendlies (eg. Emirates Cup) to get some match fitness and mind back into the game.

Isn't that what the do in FIFA manager?

I actually don't mind the idea. I remember watching Man Utd train a few days in chicago before playing some friendlies in the states :)

You lucky bastard!!! :D

I don't like the idea, don't see how that could help us particulary.

Man Utd didn't go to the America for preparation, but more so for financial gains.

A better example is Arsenal going to Austria. Arsenal is one of the few big clubs who refuse to do the merchandising tour (last one I remember was the one they went to Thailand, back in the Petit days.) When Arsenal is at Austria, it's purely physical workout, and two matches with two unknown clubs. Just getting the players ready for the season, physically, before they start playing the "real" pre-season friendlies (eg. Emirates Cup) to get some match fitness and mind back into the game.

Blackburn rovers also tend to go to austria too

Really?

Not only would it improve fitness but also moral (the team being based in a camp together) also financial revenue if you went through Asia for example. I personally cant see how it would benefit your team?

I personally play freindlies against my feeder teams away and that's just enough for me. Reserves and U-18 have their wn friendlies and I'm fine with that.

Players practice anyway together no matter if they are in our camp in Asia, USA etc.

I personally play freindlies against my feeder teams away and that's just enough for me. Reserves and U-18 have their wn friendlies and I'm fine with that.

Players practice anyway together no matter if they are in our camp in Asia, USA etc.

yes but say, for example, you buy 5 new players, a camp will help them bond alot more than training and then going home..

i feel training camps are far from pointless and would offer alot more than just a few friendlies, also its an option, you dont have to do it

Still, i welcome your opinion

it also increases realism, thats also how it helps. It gives a more realistic approach to the pre-season then. I would more than welcome the idea and have been hoping they would implement it for some time now, as whilst you can do tours of another country, a training camp should be able to give added benefits, like a secluded, out of the way of the press feel that helps players focus and develop away from transfer news too.

yes but say, for example, you buy 5 new players, a camp will help them bond alot more than training and then going home..

i feel training camps are far from pointless and would offer alot more than just a few friendlies, also its an option, you dont have to do it

Still, i welcome your opinion

One of the new options in trainings now will be to set your team to gel, so that covers the gelling theory I guess, though I have to admit now that idea does have some attractive segmets, but I'm still not for it that much.

Archived