Why is there not an option for Italian clubs to go on 'ritiro' ?

I'm not sure how the game would show that you and your players are away from home for perhaps a week on a ritiro, but it's a big part of the game in Italy and can have a big impact, whether for good or bad, especially if you need the players to start focussing more and stop a run of bad results. As it's a prominent feature of Italian football, I thought it should be in the game for Italian sides only.

For those not familiar with this term here's an article I found discussing it

http://italy.theoffside.com/serie-a/the-italian-tradition-of-ritiro-does-it-help.html

But I want to convey that it's because of poor performance, and have the players understand why it is happening, so that they will hopefully improve their focus and performance, so that it won't happen again and again. It maybe only for a few days, maybe a week depending on schedule, but they will eat, sleep and train. That's it.

I didn't know that Germany did it too, so thanks for informing me.

English teams have done this in the past as well, although it's not so much in our culture.

Could be worth having this sort of thing in the game but I'm wondering if it would be anything more than cosmetic, and would it always necessarily confer a positive response? I remember reading about an Italian side (possibly Inter) going on ritiro before a European Cup final and it ruining the side's morale and exhausting them.

Archived