Genie Scout

I've tried downloading it and when I click on loading my previous game, it comes up saying 'Unknown database version:1404'. The guy that put the link up said that you should unclick 'compress saved games' in the game preferences but that doesn't work.

Would anyone know how I can fix this so it does work? Thank you.

I've tried downloading it and when I click on loading my previous game, it comes up saying 'Unknown database version:1404'. The guy that put the link up said that you should unclick 'compress saved games' in the game preferences but that doesn't work.

Would anyone know how I can fix this so it does work? Thank you.

Have you saved the game since unclicking "compress saved games"?

Probably not. I just downloaded it from this YouTube video because he had a genie scout that actually worked. The others I've tried to download, when you run the Genie Scout it comes up saying that it's stopped working.

I prefer instructions on how to install these types of things because I don't have a clue.

Make sure the game is not corrupted and is completely playable, try it out with other saves, re-save preferences with the compressed file unticked. If still doesnt work, uninstall it, and download it from a different location and try again.

Post the results on here before you uninstall, would be interested to see what happened

If you mean 'do this' and post what i've posted on this thread into that one, I've just done it. Hopefully someone can answer it because that thread doesn't seem to be that popular with posts coming in every few months.

Download latest flash player from adobe site.

Why are you trying to download it if you don't know what it does? :confused:

It sounds good that it finds good players that you need. I can't seem to get it to work so made this thread so that someone who has used it might know why it's coming up with that picture that I posted.

Try running what? The genie scout? It's not even working at all. When you double click on it, that message pops up saying that's its stopped working.

Right click the shortcut (or .exe, whichever you launch the program from), click Properties. Click the tab labelled 'Compatibility' and tick the box that says 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'. Drop down the box underneath and choose an option (start with Windows XP SP2), then press OK and see if the program runs.

Ok, I've just right clicked on the FMGenieScout and gone into that compatibility mode and clicked the box which has the Windows XP SP2 and pressed ok. Then tried to run the FMGenieScout and it still comes up saying that its not working.

If there isn't a way to get it working, I may just not bother with it. Is it really that good?

Archived