Do you always pick the team you support

wazza

As a Hull fan I have always started with Hull on each version of the game. This year i think im going to do something different as I always like a career game but find it hard to leave the club that I support as I like to manage the players who I watch each week.

Also do you always want to start with a team that is quite high up the league rather than LLM so you can sign the best real premiership player around like Crouch, Drogba etc. before they retire.

Who else has this problem and how do you deal with it. Im thinking of starting with a random lower league team thsi time but I bet once the game comes out I'll be go back as usual and play as Hull.

i am an arsenal fan, and find every other club boring and unfulfilling, i cannot help it, i wish i could have more variety but i just cannot manage other clubs - even internationally i can only ever really do long term games with france and cote d'ivoire (i am english) but cannot manage england.

I begin with Reading all every game as i am a Reading fan.

What i generally do is.... Start a game and play out the season with the real life squad. from then on i add in new players etc from my choosing. Once i get the club to the top i have a few successfull seasons and win everything. Then i will stop playing n start a new one with a new club. I could never leave a club i transformed so well. its too hard :(

Not really. Suprisingly I have never enjoyed playing with Galatasaray. The other teams I like (i.e. Schalke) give me fun but not Galatasaray. I trust my instinct and pick a random team in every game. Sometimes it takes a while to find a team for a long career but finally I find and play at least 4 seasons.

I'm a Forest fan too but haven't been them since FM07 (i think). I tend to like playing in different countries/leagues and sampling a different way of football. Although if I do but FM11, it may be time for me to bring the glory days back to The City Ground :D.

In football management games of recent years, I would have played as Cambridge United or Histon as I'm from Histon and it's nice to get my little village into the big leagues. In FM10 though, I decided to go for a team I'm a fan of, so I played as FC United and still am building the club to rival Manchester United among others.

I support Wycombe and the majority of my time on FM is spent managing them. I do like to manage other clubs and countries though. Some of my favourites are Rangers, Fulham and Northern Ireland. I like to start the game unemployed sometimes too and work my way up but I very rarely manage to progress beyond the BSP before I get bored.

Im always Liverpool but now tend to be more wanting the challenges so i usually manage in Sweden and Switzerland in FM10 ive had 11 different games going on but my main two are my Liverpool game and my Stafford Rangers game

Suprisingly no. I am an Aussie and barrack for Liverpool but I tend not to pick them, maybe due to fear of not doing the club justice(even though I usually do well in the game). I tried once on one of the past FM's, maybe even CM but I don't think I even finished a season.

I ususally go for lower league teams, although I quite liked it when I managed Motherwell in 09 and took them past the big two after a few seasons. Surprisingly I was Celtic's bogey team from the start, Rangers took a little longer to crack.

I still couldn't manage to bring in too much in terms of better players, so FM11 should be good with the dynamic rep. May just try to go back to the wee Scots.... : )

I support West Ham and Atletico Madrid, and always start a game with one of the teams. Atletico are the only choice in Spain as other teams don't interest me. In EPL there's only WH, although I tend to take a lot of teams in league and non-league.

I like to do a west ham save every now and then, other times i will do a lower league save, ive managed in most of the big leagues in europe but my favourite was in Fm07 where i managed Valencia for 5 years then went to west ham for a couple of years then dortmund and roma, won the league in every nation and the champions league with roma and valencia, kind of cool to be able to speak all the languages and have knowledge of other countries. plus i would take some players with me from club to club. Ime thinking of starting in the lower leagues and working my way up to the top in FM11 moving from team to team. Some people make up a manager and play as him which i think could be fun also, i could finaly use the former international option and be a nationality other than australian lol.

I support Real madrid and often choose them in FM, but I love to pick random teams and build huge careers with them.. such as my current Leeds game.. its much more fun IMO :)

This. This year I picked Dordrecht randomly and had an epic save with them.

Will start as Ajax as usual then do the same this year. Pick a random club and try and win everything with them.

Another Wednesday fan here. I like to start under realistic conditions at first so I don't usually manager Wednesday until it's getting towards the new version coming out. I like career games so if the Owls job comes up, I'll be happy to take it but I don't generally go out of my way to manage them. Having said that, I probably should manage them, we only ever seem to win on video games :(

I support Newcastle and as of yet I haven't played them once really. When I used to play the old CM when it was made by current FM guys, I didnt play them there because they were a top team then, and I don't like to play top teams, I like to take a lowish team and make them good. So I am only just now tempted by newcastle for FM11, I suspect they'll be a "lowish" prem team and I am tempted to try help their chances.

Through FM10 I've played St Mirren - Lowish scot prem team, Bromley, a blue square south side, and I've started a game with valerenga, which were predicted an 8th finish but have a decent stadium, yet come from a "small" league so it'd be a challenge to make them win in europe.

i support Manchester united but i have never played with them for the fact being it would be really easy. so i start with teams who are lower down the divisions but with money. E.g. Notts county last year , year before that Peterbrough , couple of years back hull. i prefer a long term challenge than short term success.

This year it will be Crawley Town or Garforth town who have just appointed Paul Gascoigne as manager

I do usually play saves with teams I support, or at least have some affinity towards.

The only time I don't particularly, is if I play a "World Tour" save, where I look to win trophies in each continent. I start with a team I "know" and where I end up on my travels, is usually down to timing and job offers available.

Leeds Fan - haven't managed them in any way since probably 01/02 or something like that. Always prefer epic career saves as smaller clubs or ones from more obscure leagues. I often find it quite interesting how I can become emotionally attached to sides like Miramar Misiones or CSKA Kiev.

Will be starting as Rangers when it comes out, then try to win the CL with them, after that I try different clubs, last year I went on to manage Ajax and broke Real Madrids most CL titles, was my best save ever.

This year I'm gonna try bring a small club to CL glory, something I've never done.

I very rarely play as the team I support (charlton). Prefere to start unemployed and wait for people to be sacked, change my previous exp if I want a top division team or low division team. In current save I've gone from almeria to the ivory coast to man city, plan to do a mourinho and win league/champs league then move on

I often have a save with my team (St. Albans City) but I also enjoy a career save or a save with a random team. I nearly always work my way up from the bottom and just pick clubs based on liking the look of them or perhaps knowing a little about the club. I tend to do a bit of research on the Internet and I always have to have some kind of reason to manage the club, however tenuous. :D

Archived