Computer Troubles

Hi People,

For some reason, whenever i play my matches (2D Classic Match View) the computer turns itself off at some point through the game?

No idea why, it just completely powers down. (No power cuts etc, computer fault)

Anyone how to fix this?

Surfing the net is fine, havent tried movies. Most likely to be an over heating problem, sometimes it turns off on start up of fm, and sometimes it gets as far as matches, but its stopping my from playing :( hheeellppp :)

If you can find your way around the computer case you could try to clean the computer case. Just turn off the power and wacuum all fans you can find.. it is a older pc (2+ years) the fans and heatsinks are probably dirty and therefore dont cool as good as they are supposed to.

Forgot to ask.. when it shuts down does it give a blue screen with text on it before shutting down? and does it turn off or just restart?

Its more than 2 year old, i will try to open it up and have a look!

Also, when it shuts down, it doesn't have any screen saying "Windows is shutting down" etc.. It just goes from my screen, to black. It doesn't restart, I need to turn it on again. No blue screen. Most likely to be over-heating.

If anyone could shed any light on the situation, it would be much appreciated.

Computers that shut down without warning are almost always overheating and are shutting down to stop serious damage. Cleaning the fans is always a good place to start and most computer repair shops will offwer a quick and cheap service for cleaning the fans and general dust, if you are stuck.

Hello everyone i am new in this forum,i use to play fm since 2004 til now , i would like to know the system requirements,i have a laptop with windows vista and my friend have a laptop with windows 7 , will we have problems?

The requirements haven't been announced yet but as Herter says, they will probably be similar to those of FM2010.

As for the OP, I'd also put it down to overheating. Download and install Speedfan to check your temperatures. If they are high, give the case a clean out. If it still persists, then you may want to get a decent CPU or GPU cooler.

Hey people, thanks for all the suggestions, i will get down to cleaning the fans asap.

Neji - This is a screenie of what Speedfan said......

untitled.jpg

Still gna clean out comp, but thats the results :)

I will post again if i still have problems after cleaning

Had this problem myself a few weeks back. But wasnt overheating. Are you able to turn your system back on immediately or do you have to switch off at the wall before you can start up again? It could be your PSU is struggling to keep up supplying juice to you system.

Hi people, soz for not posting in a while, ive been too busy... playing fm! :D

i gave the inside a vaccum through the lil holes as i didnt want to open it up and most probably break something, and it worked?! the game now plays as it used to.

The comp still turns itself off though, but only at like 1am after being on all day, understandable for a 5 year old comp :)

Even so,

Thank you for all your help! :D

Hope the thread helps other with this problem,

Andy

im having some trouble using Fm10 on windows 7.

my specs are right the pc: that i have 2.3 points and the minimum reqs are 1.0

but the point is: when i start fm2010 it isnt shown on my desktop. then i try to start it up again and it says: fm2010 is already running but i dont see where it should be running :S(sorry if my english is bad i'm from holland :S)

im having some trouble using Fm10 on windows 7.

my specs are right the pc: that i have 2.3 points and the minimum reqs are 1.0

but the point is: when i start fm2010 it isnt shown on my desktop. then i try to start it up again and it says: fm2010 is already running but i dont see where it should be running :S(sorry if my english is bad i'm from holland :S)

Points are kinda useless. Can you give us complete specs. Check My Computer - > Properties

Have you tried re-installing?

Have you installed the latest patch 10.3?

Have you update your drivers?

Points are kinda useless. Can you give us complete specs. Check My Computer - > Properties

Have you tried re-installing?

Have you installed the latest patch 10.3?

Have you update your drivers?

i re-installed it already

i installed the latest patch

but now that you mention it i didnt update my drivers yet

i will do that this afternoon cause i'm at work now :p

Archived