why on earth would he sign ?

Ok so I am england Manager through the 2028 Euro Qualifiers whilst waiting to venture back to Liverpool to where I started my carrer (5 years there). Josep Quardiola has been there since I left however he is set to retire on 20th July 2027.

Yet he signed a new 4 year deal with Liverpool on 20th April 2027. Why would he do that rif he plans to retire late July ? It's still on his profile about him planning to retire. He better not stay there beyond July 20th, as I want to head back there.

Maybe he just wants to annoy you :p

Don't know. Sounds like an onversight in the game. Why is Guardiola retiring so early? he isnt that old is he?

I was getting annoyed he was going so well at Liverpool, I wanted to go back there 1 last time before I uninstall fm2010 (when fm11 demo is released) so I increased his age by 50 years ha ! So in my game he is 106 years old instead of really being 56 years old.

I couldn't wait another 10-20 seasons in the game.

Ok so I am england Manager through the 2028 Euro Qualifiers whilst waiting to venture back to Liverpool to where I started my carrer (5 years there). Josep Quardiola has been there since I left however he is set to retire on 20th July 2027.

Yet he signed a new 4 year deal with Liverpool on 20th April 2027. Why would he do that rif he plans to retire late July ? It's still on his profile about him planning to retire. He better not stay there beyond July 20th, as I want to head back there.

He wanted a nice signing on fee before he retired. ;)

players do it too. I signed a 17 year old from Brazil, 3 days before he joined me he signed a 5 year deal with his club, i still got him but thought it was a bit odd. Must have happened about 15 times so far to me in my current save, still get the palyers but they sign these contracts a few days before.

I was getting annoyed he was going so well at Liverpool, I wanted to go back there 1 last time before I uninstall fm2010 (when fm11 demo is released) so I increased his age by 50 years ha ! So in my game he is 106 years old instead of really being 56 years old.

I couldn't wait another 10-20 seasons in the game.

god mate its simple add a manager go liverpool he will leave then retire the manager then you apply for the job.

god mate its simple add a manager go liverpool he will leave then retire the manager then you apply for the job.

Some people don't like exploiting/cheating in their long term saves...

To the OP, I have noticed this before and they still retire on the day. I think it's a small bug where the AI of the club don't know that he's retiring so offer him a contract.

Some people don't like exploiting/cheating in their long term saves...

To the OP, I have noticed this before and they still retire on the day. I think it's a small bug where the AI of the club don't know that he's retiring so offer him a contract.

And increasing someone's age by 50 years is not exploiting/cheating?

When he retired, I applied for the job but was unsuccessfull due to the fact some dutch guy was given the job. He has a pretty famous surname in Dutch footy but its not the De Boer family. I cracked the ***** so I added a new manager then retired the next day, then I applied for the job again and they then offered it to me. So i'm pleased about that but having to do it that way, was a tad annoying.

So atleast I can go a few more seasons before the fm2011 demo is out. got 3 or so weeks to win a few trophies and to blood a few youth gems into my Liverpool side

I've spent years waiting for Scotland to fire George Burley (it's what, 2021 now I think) and when they finally did instead hiring of me - currently managing Milan and Brazil, going for 5th Serie A in a row, and 3rd Champions League in a row this season hopefully, World Class rep - they hired.... Billy Davies. Great. Thanks.

I've spent years waiting for Scotland to fire George Burley (it's what, 2021 now I think) and when they finally did instead hiring of me - currently managing Milan and Brazil, going for 5th Serie A in a row, and 3rd Champions League in a row this season hopefully, World Class rep - they hired.... Billy Davies. Great. Thanks.

*snickers*

Archived