Suggestion: More descriptive personality

x42bn6

As said on the tin! At the moment, one or two words describe a player's personality, despite the fact a player has so many different personality attributes (ambition, loyalty, temperament, etc.) and other attributes that go into the personality description (determination, bravery, etc.). I personally would like the personality field to be much more descriptive rather than one or two words. For example, for Rooney, I could say he is "determined, temperamental, ambitious and fairly controversial" - rather than "temperamental" (which I think his starting personality is stated as). This way, we know the players a lot better.

If there isn't much to say about an attribute (i.e. ambition of around 10, in the middle), then it can be ignored. Otherwise, either "very unambitious", "unambitious", "fairly unambitious", "fairly ambitious", "ambitious" and "very ambitious" should be given. A player that is really average with no real "interesting" attributes could then be called "balanced".

In addition, the phrases describing the personality could be ordered by decreasing "strength" - i.e. ambition 20 ("very ambitious") ranks above determination 14 ("fairly determined").

In a word yes!!! I mean there is more information regarding their media handling style than the person's personality - so something is wrong somewhere!!!

The only problem that I can see is that with more information - it may potentially give us an insight as to what level their hidden attributes may be? Just a thought. But yes a simple but effective idea! :thup:

In a word yes!!! I mean there is more information regarding their media handling style than the person's personality - so something is wrong somewhere!!!

The only problem that I can see is that with more information - it may potentially give us an insight as to what level their hidden attributes may be? Just a thought. But yes a simple but effective idea! :thup:

The game doesn't have to don't talk about the hidden attributes if it's not necessary.

I just think it's a little stupid that we only see Rooney as "temperamental" yet it doesn't describe his other attributes such as "ambitious" and "determined". I'm sure Fergie knows Rooney more in-depth than just "temperamental".

Personally, though, I'm not sure there's much point in hiding these attributes in some way - managers know the personalities of their players well. Even perhaps adaptability.

I see what you mean x42bn6, but as nev147 said, that would give us an insight to hidden attributes to a certain extent and then hidden attributes wouldn't be so 'hidden' if you know what I mean.

Without doubt I like the idea, but for it to be done on some other way.

Many of the hidden atts. can often (not always) be worked out by looking at their history, form, media, transfers etc. Isn't determination a visable stat?

It can be. Mostly through scout reports. Determination is visible.

I see what you mean x42bn6, but as nev147 said, that would give us an insight to hidden attributes to a certain extent and then hidden attributes wouldn't be so 'hidden' if you know what I mean.

Without doubt I like the idea, but for it to be done on some other way.

I'd argue things like ambition and temperament don't need to be hidden, personally - a manager should know a player's personality - at least things like ambition, professionalism, adaptability (if the player moved to the club), temperament, controversy, sportsmanship and pressure. I don't want to know a player is "very determined" - I can see that in the attributes! What I want to know is if he is professional and ambitious, for example.

I'd argue things like ambition and temperament don't need to be hidden, personally - a manager should know a player's personality - at least things like ambition, professionalism, adaptability (if the player moved to the club), temperament, controversy, sportsmanship and pressure. I don't want to know a player is "very determined" - I can see that in the attributes! What I want to know is if he is professional and ambitious, for example.

But do we know impact of such hidden description ? I mean, maybe there s no point to advise on more than one, if only one has an effect at a time and is the one advised on ? For example, an ambitious player will always want to move to a bigger club or look for a new challenge after 4 years, so what do you care if he is professional or not ? Plus i am not sure he could be both professional and ambitious at a same time, so could he ? (I don't have FMRTE)

Ambition affects looking for new challenge as well as player growth

Professionalism affects player growth

I think these two are possibly the most important personality stats, because other things are usually trivial except maybe adaptability, which affects language learning.

I think it is a bit stupid that we can see all other mental attributes like Determination, Bravery, Aggression... etc but we are left to take a guess at these specific personality stats.

My suggestion would be to keep them hidden at first, but make improvements in the personality description and also scouting information so that we have a better idea of what they might be.

Then when we sign the player all the hidden stats should become visible after a certain period of time.

Especially having things like consistency, important match attributes hidden is like trying to figure out a player's finishing by looking only at his goal history. It doesn't work.

There really is not much point in keeping these attributes hidden permanently.

On the other side I agree there with you.

Media handling style is also descriptive of their personality and is generated by their hidden attributes.

Media handling style is also descriptive of their personality and is generated by their hidden attributes.

Sure, but then why do you get up to three descriptions in the players media handling style, but only one in the players personality. I mean how important is the players media handling style? Not very imo especially in comparison to the players personality.

Sure, but then why do you get up to three descriptions in the players media handling style, but only one in the players personality. I mean how important is the players media handling style? Not very imo especially in comparison to the players personality.

Volatile: Temperament 3-6

Reserved: Controversy < 5 & Professionalism > 14 & Temperament > 6

Unflappable: Pressure > 14 & Temperament > 14

Evasive: Pressure > 14 & Professionalism > 14 & Controversy < 15

Short-tempered: Temperament < 3

Confrontational: Sportsmanship < 8 & Temperament < 8

Outspoken: Controversy > 14

Media-Friendly: Controversy < 15

Level-Headed: Controversy < 15 & Loyalty > 10 & Temperament > 6 & (Sportmanship > 11 or Professionalism > 12)

As you can see players may cover more than one, think the media handling just lists all that apply.

i agree that more personality descriptions could be listed in the player profile when some players have more than one description which could be applied.

Yes I knew that the information such as a driven personality was the result of the hidden attributes and maybe an attributes like determination for example, but did not know too much about the media handling like yourself baker! But is the information above not hidden. By that I mean if we know the above then to a certain degree we can work out what the players hidden attributes are to a degree?

By that I mean if we know the above then to a certain degree we can work out what the players hidden attributes are to a degree?

Yes thats right, its the same with the personality description really. some like professional or determined are obvious, others like spirited or light hearted you couldn't guess at. I keep a copy of Lyssien's personality thread handy which describes the personalities and the hidden attributes which generate them.

But do we know impact of such hidden description ? I mean, maybe there s no point to advise on more than one, if only one has an effect at a time and is the one advised on ? For example, an ambitious player will always want to move to a bigger club or look for a new challenge after 4 years, so what do you care if he is professional or not ? Plus i am not sure he could be both professional and ambitious at a same time, so could he ? (I don't have FMRTE)

Professionalism determines how a player develops (look at Ben Arfa, vs. many less-talented but more professional players). It also determines how they behave. So yes, I would like to know how professional they are, irregardless of ambition.

To me it just doesn't make sense that we have to memorise what each media handling description means to be able to know the personality stats. It should just be more straight forward and more detailed.

Also same with the league season starts. It should just say somewhere in the league/country tab when it will be rolling over.

Professionalism determines how a player develops (look at Ben Arfa, vs. many less-talented but more professional players). It also determines how they behave. So yes, I would like to know how professional they are, irregardless of ambition.

I see. Is there a thread somewhere showing impact of hidden attributes like this one and ambition but also for the others ?

The easiest way to handle this is to allow for more than one Personality type to be shown, just as they do with Media Handling style. As it is now, only the one with highest preference is shown. F.x. if my player is both Professional and Spirited, only Professional is shown. But if Spirited was shown too, I would know something about his Pressure stat too.

• 5 months later...

Archived