Fm11 - whose league rep are you going to "dynamically change?"

Not seen a thread on this yet so very simple guys...

With the addition of dynamic league reputations (amen), what leagues are you planning to dynamically change in your games?

Personally I'm going for a former Soviet Bloc game to try restore the likes of the "marvellous magyars", Lato's poland, Lyobanovskiyi's Kiev and Maslov's Moscow.

Then again I am not trying to make the league good - I am trying to make the club the best it can possibly be. The league rep will just be a by-product!!!

Oh yeah, most definitely. Probably my original post should read, whose league are you most looking forward to improving via the success of your team :D

Any idea's on how long it'll actually take to get something like the Welsh leagues to above England's standard?

Anything under 15 years for me will be thoroughly unrealistic, but then again a lot of people will moan about that taking too long.

Any idea's on how long it'll actually take to get something like the Welsh leagues to above England's standard?

Anything under 15 years for me will be thoroughly unrealistic, but then again a lot of people will moan about that taking too long.

Approximately (sp?) 20-30 years.

Good question Dob! I think I will disagree with Fabio to a degree!!! :D:p

As we have seen in many career threads that many managers can achieve promotion after promotion. So if we take the Welsh league for example - then in FM10 there were two tiers. So if you start in the second divison and it takes you two years to get promoted. Then once in the Top division you have a season to avoid relegation, then a mid table finsih, then a top 4, and then you win the Welsh league First Division. So that would take 6 seasons - and I am sure many people could do it much quicker. Obviously that is just the start.

Then your team will be single handedly trying to make the Welsh Rep System better or realistically it will be or maybe another team that plays in the Europa league - but that is very unlikely. Then it will be up to you to get as many coefficient points from European competitions as you can over a period of time - is it 5 years?

But obviosuly you will be doing this on your own, so after 5 seasons you may (the Welsh league) may get another place in Europe depending on your success. So actually it will take alot longer than I thought - and alot will depend on the success of the other Welsh teams when they play in Europe to try and get as many coefficient points as possible - but as the years go on - hopefully more and more Welsh teams will get Euorpean places.

But in a way we don't know the effects of the increased reputation and how easy it will be to get points - as I would imagine it would be pretty hard. So I think as Fabio said it will take some time!!!! :o

Good question Dob! I think I will disagree with Fabio to a degree!!! :D:p

As we have seen in many career threads that many managers can achieve promotion after promotion. So if we take the Welsh league for example - then in FM10 there were two tiers. So if you start in the second divison and it takes you two years to get promoted. Then once in the Top division you have a season to avoid relegation, then a mid table finsih, then a top 4, and then you win the Welsh league First Division. So that would take 6 seasons - and I am sure many people could do it much quicker. Obviously that is just the start.

Then your team will be single handedly trying to make the Welsh Rep System better or realistically it will be or maybe another team that plays in the Europa league - but that is very unlikely. Then it will be up to you to get as many coefficient points from European competitions as you can over a period of time - is it 5 years?

But obviosuly you will be doing this on your own, so after 5 seasons you may (the Welsh league) may get another place in Europe depending on your success. So actually it will take alot longer than I thought - and alot will depend on the success of the other Welsh teams when they play in Europe to try and get as many coefficient points as possible - but as the years go on - hopefully more and more Welsh teams will get Euorpean places.

But on one way we don't know the effects of the increased reputation and how easy it will be to get points - as I would imagine it would be pretty hard. So I think as Fabio said it will take some time!!!! :o

Mate I just said what Miles Jacobson said. That averagely you will need to take some country to the top (that isn't on the top already) about 20-30 years. : )

P.S. If I find the link the prove that I'll edit this post mate. :thup:

Mate I just said what Miles Jacobson said. That averagely you will need to take some country to the top (that isn't on the top already) about 20-30 years.

Oh yeah I know Fabio!!! :thup: In the end I agreed and thought it would take as long than I initially thought!!! I think to increase the reputation in the first 5-10 years won't be too hard as there will be some pretty poor countries ahead of Wales. But once you get to say 10-20 in the standings then I think it will be very hard to crack the likes of England, Italy, and Spain and the lesser bigger nations!!!!

Scotland as Ive always wanted to take Celtic to maximum rep and increase the competition

I think I might do that as well (not with Celtic though, never liked them). It'd be interesting to see the Scottish Premier on an even keel with the English.

I'm not sure the small leagues will ever be top reptation heres why

1 Money is king and if there is no money for wages players will leave (even Juve lost players when they were the best team team in the world early 90's cause of their wage cap)

2 Outside Europe even the best teams in the best leagues lose players to European sides partly for money partly cause of reputation

3 It takes more than 1/2 teams to really rise the league rep. You may be good but the AI is poor in general. (look at Scottish football two consistently good sides)

If you can slowly but surely improve you performances in the league and then in Europe, then over time the rep of your league may improve. If this happens the AI clubs will benefit from signing slightly better players, meaning they may be able to perform better in the league and europe themselves.

Just look at the Russian league, they have had Zenit win the Uefa cup and recently they have been able to attract a lot more players to the country

If you can slowly but surely improve you performances in the league and then in Europe, then over time the rep of your league may improve. If this happens the AI clubs will benefit from signing slightly better players, meaning they may be able to perform better in the league and europe themselves.

Just look at the Russian league, they have had Zenit win the Uefa cup and recently they have been able to attract a lot more players to the country

Nicely explained. :thup:

Scotland as Ive always wanted to take Celtic to maximum rep and increase the competition
I think I might do that as well (not with Celtic though, never liked them). It'd be interesting to see the Scottish Premier on an even keel with the English.

I think I'll have a go with Scotland as well. I think I'll get rid of the 'old firm' though in an attempt to make the league more competitive.

MLS - oh yes.

Ditto.

Hopefully SI includes the new Collective Bargaining Agreement that calls for an annual increase to the salary cap...otherwise I'll be stuck (as in 10) with a cap that never increases, making any sort of rep gain meaningless.

One point to make is that it's best to do that with a team that isn't celtic or rangers, as celtic in my experience seem to do pretty good on their own, I mean I've had st Mirren vs Celtic champions league final on my fm10 scottish save. If you have a few successful teams, that'll force the rep up faster you'd think.

One point to make is that it's best to do that with a team that isn't celtic or rangers.................If you have a few successful teams, that'll force the rep up faster you'd think.

This.

If you want to increase league reps you it'd be helpful to choose a team outside the 'big' clubs, like Krald suggests. IMO.

Archived