Intel GMA X4500 Graphics Card Suitable?

Hello there, i have played fm for many years now but have recently bought a laptop in replace for my desktop due to the ease of them in education terms, while at college/uni. I was wondering if the Intel GMA X4500 graphics card is well suited to fm10s 3d match, if its not suitable for that, it probably wont be for the more advanced 3d match proposed for fm11. I would be very thankful for any advice, anyone using this card? Thank you. :D

Hello there, i have played fm for many years now but have recently bought a laptop in replace for my desktop due to the ease of them in education terms, while at college/uni. I was wondering if the Intel GMA X4500 graphics card is well suited to fm10s 3d match, if its not suitable for that, it probably wont be for the more advanced 3d match proposed for fm11. I would be very thankful for any advice, anyone using this card? Thank you. :D

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/146264-The-Official-System-Specs-Thread

Once again the "techguys" see intel and immediately disregard it

Looking at Google & Wiki, you should be able to run it at the highest quality no problem

, go take a look yourself or download the FM10 demo and try

Don't listen to these people and waste money

I've spent the whole year playing FM on a GMA 950 which is like 11 releases before the 4500 and I could play medium, easy

This year I've got a similar (maybe inferior) Intel chip-set to yours (series 4) and I run FM10 on the highest settings, easy

As well as Medieval Total War on highest settings (need RAM though, and pref 64bit)

IT WILL WORK @ MOST LIKELY THE HIGHEST SETTINGS

Once again the "techguys" see intel and immediately disregard it

Looking at Google & Wiki, you should be able to run it at the highest quality no problem

, go take a look yourself or download the FM10 demo and try

Don't listen to these people and waste money

I've spent the whole year playing FM on a GMA 950 which is like 11 releases before the 4500 and I could play medium, easy

This year I've got a similar (maybe inferior) Intel chip-set to yours (series 4) and I run FM10 on the highest settings, easy

As well as Medieval Total War on highest settings (need RAM though, and pref 64bit)

IT WILL WORK @ MOST LIKELY THE HIGHEST SETTINGS

Thank you very much... Was hoping this would be the case! And the mighty southampton actually won a game!! Good footballing evening all in all. Thanks again

You can run at medium settings on the 950? I can only play on low with all stadiums and crowd turned off. What's your CPU speed and RAM size, out of interest?

I could run 3d on a 915 FM09 on med. It can run FIFA 09 to. Haven't tried 10 as I sold it.

It had P4 2.66, 915G, 768MB, XP RiPPeD by me.

Probably not something you would want to put into the domain Ishu :D Anyway, dedicated VRAM wins against apportioned DRAM for video purposes. Intel only introduced their IG because nVidia had the audacity to stand up to them over the supported nForce chipsets.

Running FM 3D at the highest settings with an onboard card? I don't think so, unless they optimize the hell out of FM 11. My x1950pro runs newest PES and FIFA no problem but I can't run FM10 at the highest settings. Also have the intel 950 in my laptop and 3D in FM does run but is not smooth enough for me even at the lowest settings with everything turned off. You'll probably be able to run it smoothly at low with the x4500 but that's about it IMO.

Running FM 3D at the highest settings with an onboard card? I don't think so, unless they optimize the hell out of FM 11. My x1950pro runs newest PES and FIFA no problem but I can't run FM10 at the highest settings. Also have the intel 950 in my laptop and 3D in FM does run but is not smooth enough for me even at the lowest settings with everything turned off. You'll probably be able to run it smoothly at low with the x4500 but that's about it IMO.

Not true. I use 965G currently and can run FM10 on high. Only stutters when I move the info boxes.

Not true. I use 965G currently and can run FM10 on high. Only stutters when I move the info boxes.

I guess our definitions of "smooth gameplay" differ a lot then. Whenever I play FM in LAN with my friends, they all use 2D because 3D doesn't run smooth enough on their laptops with onboard graphics. x1950pro is an older gpu now for sure, but should still eat any onboard card for breakfast and yet FM still doesn't run completely fluid at the highest settings.

I guess our definitions of "smooth gameplay" differ a lot then. Whenever I play FM in LAN with my friends, they all use 2D because 3D doesn't run smooth enough on their laptops with onboard graphics. x1950pro is an older gpu now for sure, but should still eat any onboard card for breakfast and yet FM still doesn't run completely fluid at the highest settings.

Fraps says i get 40FPS. Smooth enough for me.

Archived