Playing the same game from two computers

Hi

I have FM10 installed on a PC upstairs and everything works great. I want to be able to play my game either from the PC or my laptop in the living room so wondered about installing a second copy on the laptop. I'm happy to buy a second copy so I'm not suggesting anything illegal. I want to be able to play the same save game however on both computers.

I can botch my docs so that everything is installed to a shared location and it sort of works but is temperamental.

Can anyone please suggest any other way to do it? I have never used the network play option but wondered if it was poossible to set the PC as the server and then whether or not I would be able to play as me from either computer?

Hope someone has some ideas.

Thanks for the replies. So it really is that simple as a flat file? I thought it would update all kinds of files as you were playing it. What about database changes that I may have added? Do I need to duplicate them or are they in the save file too?

I've installed off the disk now, should I be able to alter that to steam which I already have on the PC then move the disk to the laptop?

Really appreciate the help.

install via Steam, that way you dont need another copy.

Then set up "Windows Live Sync". Do that on both your PC and laptop and you can sync the folder for your choice (the saved games folder!)

This is what I do, so if you take your laptop around your mates, you can carry on, as long as you hav interenet access to download the latest sync!

Archived