Footbal Manager World idea

I have an idea to take football manager to a new level.

Maybe some of you know what www.hattrick.org is?

It's an online web based manager game. I have an idea that's based on that idea and the greatness of football manager.

What if you created "football manager world" servers. You sign up to one of these servers as a manger. The server is open for registration if there are any available teams to manage / there any manager slots available. You can then select a team that is not already taken.

Then you play as usual, sort of. The club can kick you if you are not performing well. And if you are doing well maybe a better club sign up with you. The only difference is that all the managers in the game are real persons. And the game is in real time. The games are played "the real dates" in our world, but the outcome is up to your manager. I.e. you must submit orders before the game, and you need to be at you computer when the game is played if you want to interact, otherwise you AI assistant manager will do so. You need to log in, say once every second week to avoid being kicked from the club. Etc...

This off course needs a lot of new development (I know, I'm a developer myself).

* You need set up a stable economical model (so that you don't get players that cost 1,000,000,000,000,000 euro to buy)

* You need to improve the IA for clubs, assistant managers, players, agents etc...

* You need multiple dimensions / servers to play on = more hardware.

* You will have to implement a real time system for matches and all the other things. You need a server side system.

* etc...

This can also be a really good way for Sports Interactive to boost their sales, since if the game goes online it will be easier top avoid crackers.

I would LOVE to play that kind of game. I'm just sad I don't have the football manager source code....

Best regards,

Christoffer

Archived