I want to criticise my fans!

jkkne

Fans, a fickle bunch and a bane in my FM life.

They whine about everything!

In my Southampton save I've just beaten Manchester United 1-0 at OT in the FA Cup in a real backs to the wall job, I'm 5th in League One, they are top of the Premiership and my fans complained after the result about my team selection suggesting the goal scorer (Sander Duits) shouldn't have played and that Angelo Balanta who hasn't scored for 14 games should have been selected ahead of Sander Duits! :confused:

I signed Kanu late on in his life when I took over in January to cover half a season and they whined about that, he scored 13 goals and then retired and they were disappointed about that and told the board they were disappointed, bearing in mind his 13 goals were more than double the combined efforts of the 4 first team squad strikers at the club when I arrived.

So I just thought it would be nice to release a comment along the lines of

'drink your pints, buy a programme, support and shut up about team selection, we won didn't we? Is that not good enough you bunch of smelly ingrates?!'

Or a more sensible

'Player X is valued for this club and his goals/performances show that, I hope the fans learn to appreciate it'

'Balanta hasn't played because hes not scoring and we have better options at the moment'

And while I'm at it, 14,000 of them turned up for the FA Cup 4th Rd against Everton after I beat Man Utd, I want the option of releasing a comment beforehand asking for fans to support us and turn up or criticise them for not doing so

Seem to remember Grayson getting bummed by Leeds fans after they won at OT in the FA Cup a few years back.

To be unhappy with any team that wins there is just stupid so don't try to pass it off with a cheap 'LUK, DEZE THINGZ HAPPEN IrL' comment.

Couldn't agree more. The ability to comment on things is massively lacking in the game. In a previous game I took over a floundering Newcastle and was constantly being told before a game that the attendance was expected to be low. Well thanks for telling me that, wht do you want me to do about it?

Like you I wanted to be able to speak out to the crowd and tell them to get out and support the team. At the end of the season a lot of the players contracts ran out. I was finally alble to get rid of a lot of deadwood, reduce the wage bill and bring in some youngsters. I got slated by the fans for selling off some of their hero's. I'm sorry, but they were all well over 30, slow, useless and bleeding the club dry.

It would be great to be albe to tell the fans to shut up and wait to see what the new players will do. By the end of the season they loved the new players; I really wanted to be able to speak to the fans and tell them 'Ha, you're not calling for your old players now are you?' It would be a nice touch to be able to add an adjective from a list to end the sentance too; Morons would have fitted quite nicely in that particular instance (as a Wednesday fan, 'Venemous Bitch' should be added for use by angry chairman ;)). Saying all that, the fans in this game are, on the whole, a bunch of idiots no matter what team you manage.

I'd also love to be able to critisize the ref after a game. Why do I have to lose and there be something controversial before I can comment? I have had some horrendous refs in games I have won, but i can't speak about it. I want to be able to say things, so what If I get fined etc that's half the fun.

As well as slagging off the fans I want to be able to talk to them about the last match and where I see the club going. As it is now in the press conference, the game is hardly ever discussed; it's all about players happiness/leaving or joining. Because of the crappy team talks where 'woe betide you' if you say pleased at half time, I would love to say after a game 'we were great in the first half but awful in the 2nd' and then go on to apologise for using the 'pleased' half time talk.

Archived