Easy way to implement difficulty setting

What's your idea then? CaPitAliziNG random letters throughout the game?

You see, Football Manager is what? Could it be a "football management sim"? ie: as realistic as they can make it? If you want an arcade game go find Fifa manager or something and don't make sarky comments when people respond.

What's your idea then? CaPitAliziNG random letters throughout the game?

As said above, FM is meant to be realistic and that's what SI strive for. I doubt they are ever going to impliment difficulty settings and the tools to do what you want are available to you in 3rd party products anyway.

Will you admit that some players may like to have a way to raise or lower difficulty? And that this is one way to potentially provide for decreasing the difficulty without having to do much thinking or write too much code?

But, this is not the kind of game that would have difficulty levels.

Will you admit that some players may like to have a way to raise or lower difficulty? And that this is one way to potentially provide for decreasing the difficulty without having to do much thinking or write too much code?

For the people who want to raise and lower the difficulty, the tools are there. I don't know how time consuming coding this would be, but when you take into account the fact that someone is going to have to code it, someone is going to have to check it, and people are going to have test it, then there's quite a lot of work involved.

For the people who want to raise and lower the difficulty, the tools are there. I don't know how time consuming coding this would be, but when you take into account the fact that someone is going to have to code it, someone is going to have to check it, and people are going to have test it, then there's quite a lot of work involved.

This. :thup: 3rd Party Tools are there to make your game easeier. I wouldn't like difficulty levels at all TBH.

I don't see how having no injuries makes the games any easier.

Course it would. You could have a small squad (lower wages and transfer funds spent), always have your star players available (making winning matches easier) and not have to worry (the biggest of all :D).

Course it would. You could have a small squad (lower wages and transfer funds spent), always have your star players available (making winning matches easier) and not have to worry (the biggest of all :D).

Lol! Same as the opposition then? And all the other teams in the world? Sounds like there would be an awful lot of players floating around with no club.

Lol! Same as the opposition then? And all the other teams in the world? Sounds like there would be an awful lot of players floating around with no club.

The opposition get injuries and fatigue too, you know. And I do agree, that this would make the game more boring. I was just pointing out why it would make it easier for some people. :)

Ah, I presumed the OP wanted the feature turned off merely for the user controlled team. GD has made me cynical. :D

If the OP wanted injuries turned off for every team in the game, nothing would be easier, which is why I doubted that's what he meant.

Hey, it's GD after all, eh?! :D Gotta love it! :D OP's a nonesense, as simple as that.

Ah, I presumed the OP wanted the feature turned off merely for the user controlled team. GD has made me cynical. :D

If the OP wanted injuries turned off for every team in the game, nothing would be easier, which is why I doubted that's what he meant.

Gotcha.

And my point was that even if you do have your star striker available EVERY game - this does not neccessarily mean you win every game (which is what he most likely wants).

Anyway, I'm leaving this thread well alone now.

Stupid idea. End of.

Hey, it's GD after all, eh?! :D Gotta love it! :D OP's a nonesense, as simple as that.

I might be using it as an excuse. :D

Gotcha.

And my point was that even if you do have your star striker available EVERY game - this does not neccessarily mean you win every game (which is what he most likely wants).

Anyway, I'm leaving this thread well alone now.

Stupid idea. End of.

Course not. If he wants to win every game, FMRTE can do that as well.

I sound like I'm pitching it. :D

Previous experience. I've said it so many times before... International footballer, everyone thinks you're great, players want to sign for you etc. No experience, and the players won't put the effort in.

Simply allow us to reduce the injury rate or turn off injuries altogether.

If your having a problem with excessive injuries then take a look at your training schedules and adjust the intensity. Employ better coaches. Improve the facilities if the board will allow this and you have the finances to pay for it.

I've found that having a couple of good fitness coaches and having the players on intense strength and Aerobic training during pre-season helps with injuries during the season. To turn injuries off completely would be unrealistic and defeat the purpose of the game I think.

If you haven't done so already then install patch 10.3.

If your having a problem with excessive injuries then take a look at your training schedules and adjust the intensity. Employ better coaches. Improve the facilities if the board will allow this and you have the finances to pay for it.

I've found that having a couple of good fitness coaches and having the players on intense strength and Aerobic training during pre-season helps with injuries during the season. To turn injuries off completely would be unrealistic and defeat the purpose of the game I think.

If you haven't done so already then install patch 10.3.

I think you've missed the OPs point trekman, he seems to want an autowin option, and seems to think turning off injuries for the player will do that. But frankly if he wanted an autowin option he should have bought CM. That's made of autowin I hear.

I don't think he's after an 'autowin' button at all. I'm not a great fan of the idea but he wants it easier, he never said he wants to win every game.

As for the idea itself, I'm not a fan and I'd rather time was spent coding other areas of the game. FM is a simulation so I can't this type of option being added any time soon. Plus, as others have said, it would get terribly boring. If difficulties were to be introduced, I'd rather they do it properly and actually make many things in the game easier. Stopping injuries wouldn't really make it that much more easier IMO. You'd still have to go out and win the matches.

I think you've missed the OPs point trekman, he seems to want an autowin option

Well thats easy just cheat! Create an edt or use FMRTE and give yourself lots of cash and set your facilites to maximum and sign all the best players and coaches in the game. Cant see anyone getting any real longterm enjoyment out of that though.

As has been said earlier in the thread, if the OP wants less injuries, rather than code a whole new system into the game, he can use FMRTE and reduce the injury proneness of all his players to 1. That way he is happy and it doesnt affect others who dont want this feature ( which in truth will never happen )

Simply allow us to reduce the injury rate or turn off injuries altogether.

you have the ability to turn off injuries, how do you think that will affect the football manager world?

no injuries = very little squad rotation

very little squad rotation means, potentially, very little transfer movement.

if it doesn't equal very little transfer movement it will certainly mean loads of players rotting in the reserves not getting games.

very little transfer movement = player being able to snap up all the good players with the AI teams not bothered.

the affect on AI managed teams will be huge ,in my opinon, and will lead to very lop sided competitions and no progession for the much vaunted league reputations.

Archived