Sprained Wrist...Misses Cup Final....

Hey Guys,

I have been playing online against a friend of mine, he is Athletico Madrid and I am Valencia, we are in the thrid season, and neither of us have yet to win a trophy. I got knocked out of the champions league in the group stage, then went on a great run in the europa league. I was pushing for the league, finishing 4 points short behind Barca and 5 behind Real Madrid. David Villa was instumental and a week before the europa league final Villa sprains his wrist and is out for 2 weeks. I think he may get back into light training before the final and I will risk him for the match, as I wanted to be the first to win a cup between my mate and I. Day of the final comes along and Villa is about 3 days away from match fitness. I have to leave him out of a final because of a SPRAINED (NOT BROKEN) WRIST, i had another star player out, but that was at least a decent injury. I ended up losing the final 2-1 (AET) to AC Milan. I was angry because I feel the form Villa was in, I had a much better chance.

Not expected much to be done. Just wanted to vent my fury!!!

Lets hope the experience bouys my younger players to get some trophies, eh!

I think injuries like a sprained wrist on field players should start as 'orange injuries'... while being able to play, they wouldn't be able to play at their fullest potential. However, keepers should get it as a 'red injury'

Sure, it could be better... but something is something

You are all right, I've seen Del Piero play with broken arm, recently Drogba played with some arm problems at the WC.

But my experience suggests that every player who got an injury needs time to readjust to his form. They rarely perform at their first game after the injury.

With the number of players who play through injuries (some of them serious) irl, I feel this should be reflected in the game. I once played 50 minutes with a cracked collarbone for example.

Not everybody is as hard as nails as you. Some of them are right pussies.

I don't believe many people irl would let a sprained wrist stop them from competing tbh.

Ive played with cracked ribs and also a broken thumb, it had no effect until after the game. No player would miss a game for something as trivial as a broken digit or sprained wrist unless they are a goalie. Ive seen a player from QPR split his head open and need 50 stitches in a meaningless end of season match, he played on with a bandage.

Ive played with cracked ribs and also a broken thumb, it had no effect until after the game. No player would miss a game for something as trivial as a broken digit or sprained wrist unless they are a goalie. Ive seen a player from QPR split his head open and need 50 stitches in a meaningless end of season match, he played on with a bandage.

This. :thup: Also, even if you're a goalie (which I am actually) you can still play. That's what they make strap and tape for. :D

Archived