Sick of the ambiguity in the game

ok, so if my tactics are bad then how is it i dominate so much and create to many chances, and yet go on 10 games sequences were it seems the goal is bricked up, there is nothing more annoying than seeing that should have won easily message every single game, and whilst i except that in 1977 arsenal lost a game 1-0 where they had a 40-1 shot ratio, i cannot accept that it can happen for 10 games in a row, and that forwards with 19 for finishing and composure can miss 50 one on ones in a row, whilst the opposition just shoot from anywhere and never miss, tactics my ass

ok, so if my tactics are bad then how is it i dominate so much and create to many chances, and yet go on 10 games sequences were it seems the goal is bricked up, there is nothing more annoying than seeing that should have won easily message every single game, and whilst i except that in 1977 arsenal lost a game 1-0 where they had a 40-1 shot ratio, i cannot accept that it can happen for 10 games in a row, and that forwards with 19 for finishing and composure can miss 50 one on ones in a row, whilst the opposition just shoot from anywhere and never miss, tactics my ass

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Genuine_quality:

why even bother posting a reply jerk off </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the truth. icon_smile.gif

Good luck in your SATS.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Genuine_quality:

because it's the truth?

i'd be lucky to get 50 clear one on ones in 20 games.

ever considered man management could be a problem?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

because it's the truth?

i'd be lucky to get 50 clear one on ones in 20 games.

ever considered man management could be a problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course not, he couldn't possibly do anything wrong!! It has to be the game!!

i guess your all right, the game is perfect, and nobody is allowed to express subjective opinions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The meaning, generally, of a subjective opinion, is one not backed up by fact. That'll get you nowhere here because you can't win an argument with no evidence.

i guess your all right, the game is perfect, and nobody is allowed to express subjective opinions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game isn't perfect but then again neither are your tactics/teamtalks/formation etc.

Instead of complaining go to the tactics forum and learn what you can do to stop it happening.

Clearly the tactics...Though I usually have less shots on target %wise...like I mean really low, I do manage genrally to score goals from the small number on target...One of my Attacking midfielders seems to get headers out of the box to him and he pounds 5-10 shots a game over the bar, but 5 goals in 8 matches from him is enough for me...

Sometimes it is about just changing the tactics slightly so instead of your players firing off every shot they get, they hold onto the ball, as said in another thread and in this one...its your tactics...I suggest slowing your tempo somewhat.

I agree with you Genuine_Quality!

A word of warning though... i wouldnt post anything like that on here, you never get a constructive mature response from any of them on here.

Hersie made me laugh most with 'good luck in your SATS', a great mature response, you must be so proud of yourself. sigh.

Its nothing to do with tactics if the guy creates all those chances 10 games in a row and cant score no matter what. Surely his tactics are spot on if his team are creating all those chances?.

Have you got the latest patch Genuine?

Sorry for Duoble post, but when you have high tempo, your striker gets the ball and just shots it. I actually sat there and watched a whole match, the full 90mins to see this, and yes when I moved the tempo bar up e was more likely to get the all and shoot than think about it...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ellisio:

Hersie made me laugh most with 'good luck in your SATS', a great mature response, you must be so proud of yourself. sigh.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am. I'm really rather proud to know I hold the higher moral ground over someone who can't even spell my name right when looking at the word. icon_smile.gif

I give up. Back to my single, drug-free life, apparantly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ellisio:

A word of warning though... i wouldnt post anything like that on here, you never get a constructive mature response from any of them on here.

Its nothing to do with tactics if the guy creates all those chances 10 games in a row and cant score no matter what. Surely his tactics are spot on if his team are creating all those chances?.

Have you got the latest patch Genuine? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So many chances does not mean good tactics...as I said, high tempo equals quick shots which are always less accurate...whether at the goalie or over the bar might as well just kick the ball out for a throw in...

Have you got the latest patch Genuine? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It has everything to do with it.

If he isn't scoring there is a reason.

Work out why and fix it rather than assuming there is a bug.

Temp and passing is already on slow as it is, the very idea to have to play like chelsea all of the time just to score the odd goal puts me off a little, maybe if the 2d representation was better and showed me what was really happening instead of numerous groundhog one-on-one sitters every 10 minutes, i might know what to do about it

Isnt the idea of football to score goals?

Tactics has its limits... surely if he has a good team creating all those chances and he has a back four of quality defenders they'll defend well because they are naturally good players?

If his side are creating all those chances ten games in a row he should win the games anyway regardless of tactics because he'll score more than the opposition?

It can be alot of different aspects that stops you scoring.

Such as your players:

Finishing

Shooting

Composure

Also your tactics. Play with a slower tempo with short passing. Works for me.

Only thing i am annoyed about is the fact i am PNE and scored 52 goals but conceded 71 which puts me 2nd bottom of championship lol. Stupid defenders.

to be honest i think all this finishing and composure has a pathetically weak influence in the game, just due to the amount of times ive either lost or drew when the opposition scores from everyu attack usually with a striker with crap stats for the above, i think there is to much emphasis on tempo and not enough on individual ability, as if ronaldo would score less goals if he recieved the ball faster or slower

to be honest i think all this finishing and composure has a pathetically weak influence in the game, just due to the amount of times ive either lost or drew when the opposition scores from everyu attack usually with a striker with crap stats for the above, i think there is to much emphasis on tempo and not enough on individual ability, as if ronaldo would score less goals if he recieved the ball faster or slower </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course he would. If the ball was being repeatedly whacked towards him in the box he'd score less than if the ball was played into his feet in space.

he has a back four of quality defenders they'll defend well because they are naturally good players? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So no professional team ever trains or works on defence??

All defenders do is sleep all week and turn up on a Saturday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If his side are creating all those chances ten games in a row he should win the games anyway regardless of tactics because he'll score more than the opposition? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He could have 50 shots from the halfway line while the opposition have 2 from inside the area - Who would win?

Seriously if he is getting good one on one chances and missing then you have to look at the striker's stats & morale. Maybe look at the opposition GK as well.

It could just be down to the striker going through a bad patch, it happens in real life.

Fact 1 - playing slow temp still missing bucket loads irregardless of whos up front

fact 2 - chances are not from the half way line, you cannot dominate games by shooting fromt he halfway line

fact 3 - cristiano ronaldo does constantly have the ball passed to him at super fast tempo and hes scored nearly 40 goals

surely if there was trouble in the camp, and the morale was low, they wouldn't go out, play like brazil 1970, create a million chances , miss them all then **** around at the back and pass the ball to the opposition centre forward to score from there solitary attack of the game!

Surely if a team was under confident the would have less possesion etc

Fact 1 - playing slow temp still missing bucket loads irregardless of whos up front

Then maybe the tempo you are playing at isn't suitable against the opposition you are playing. If they are closing your players down a lot then even though you are likely to have more possesion, the chances you create may be poor due to players getting in the way.

fact 2 - chances are not from the half way line, you cannot dominate games by shooting fromt he halfway line

That doesn't mean the chances you are having are any good. They could be from poor angles, blocked shots, first time shots, scuffed, taken on the wrong foot. There could be numerous reasons. One thing I will say is that an analyst tool is desperately needed as many things are hard to tell from the match engine.

fact 3 - cristiano ronaldo does constantly have the ball passed to him at super fast tempo and hes scored nearly 40 goals </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err, he doesn't constantly have balls passed to him at fast tempo. Generally, it's Utd's movement thats fast, not their passing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

Then maybe the tempo you are playing at isn't suitable against the opposition you are playing. If they are closing your players down a lot then even though you are likely to have more possesion, the chances you create may be poor due to players getting in the way.

That doesn't mean the chances you are having are any good. They could be from poor angles, blocked shots, first time shots, scuffed, taken on the wrong foot. There could be numerous reasons. One thing I will say is that an analyst tool is desperately needed as many things are hard to tell from the match engine.

fact 3 - cristiano ronaldo does constantly have the ball passed to him at super fast tempo and hes scored nearly 40 goals </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err, he doesn't constantly have balls passed to him at fast tempo. Generally, it's Utd's movement thats fast, not their passing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

.. Marry me.

Can people just think about what they're saying here - that your tactics affect whether or not your strikers are capable of scoring one-on-ones? Have you any idea how ridiculous that sounds? Tactics should affect what situations players get into on the pitch, not whether or not they're individually capable of putting the ball in the net from a certain situation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sam the Seagull:

Can people just think about what they're saying here - that your tactics affect whether or not your strikers are capable of scoring one-on-ones? Have you any idea how ridiculous that sounds? Tactics should affect what situations players get into on the pitch, not whether or not they're individually capable of putting the ball in the net from a certain situation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best post in this thread so far, along with Mitja's.

As to the original poster's questions, I don't know what to say, mate. I've had this happen to me as well. I've created many chances through out many games and end up with a draw or even worse, a loss. Given, some of my strikers were not world class, but they were continental ratings at the least.

If your side can't finish then tactics and morale are the issues. In all probability, if you're forwards are really out of form then it's because confidence is low. It is your 'job' to try and turn that around and get them back on track.

Well ok after readin what you have said I have had another think about it and it seems like it is...the mid season slump. A period of ten games fits this perfectly, and it will therefore either be needing a change of tactics mid season to help the strikers get space, or it could be the age old One striker has got down in the dumps for some unknown reason and needs coddling in your team talks during the middle of the season to turn it around as quick as possible. I still say it is definitely not a bug, next time I run into this situation myself mid season i can probably give you better info, cause I always hit it in the midseason and just manage to pull out of it quicker, also what are your fans saying after these matches cause that usually gives you a good sign as to where the issue really is.

Sounds to me like the teams you face are parking the bus in front of the goal but I think you say too things that concern me: Ronaldo has scored 40 goals, then it's your defense which is having problems, not your attack. Also When you have had so many chances it means that they aren't good enough because the opponent has parked the bus, so to speak. I know for a fact that Rooney puts away lots of one-on-ones cos of his ppm "lobs keeper".

I believe the solution to your problem is - tighten defense by man-marking with DCs and increase creativity to forward players and Ronaldo so they are less predictable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MSCCG:

Sounds to me like the teams you face are parking the bus in front of the goal but I think you say too things that concern me: Ronaldo has scored 40 goals, then it's your defense which is having problems, not your attack. Also When you have had so many chances it means that they aren't good enough because the opponent has parked the bus, so to speak. I know for a fact that Rooney puts away lots of one-on-ones cos of his ppm "lobs keeper".

I believe the solution to your problem is - tighten defense by man-marking with DCs and increase creativity to forward players and Ronaldo so they are less predictable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

two not too

I have watched a fair few pkms in which the complainee has stated categorically he was dominating and created great chances. What I saw, in every one, was a plethora of rushed chances as the player had to shoot first time in a crowded penalty area or raced towards goal with three defenders breathing down his neck. This type of chance predominantly happens with narrow formations that pass through the middle and keep the defence back. Great against expansive sides, awful against defensive ones.

If you are truly creating 'great' chances, you will see two-yard tap ins, six-yard headers, clear cut chances after well-worked passing moves in which the attacker has time to touch and shoot before a defender is anywhere near him, balls won aggressively high up the pitch creating a quick counter, and long shots flying in from square passes across the area or after scuffed clerances. I have yet to see a pkm in which a team creates a multitude of different types of chances leading to a bad chance/conversion ratio.

It is little to do with composure or finishing or morale or tempo. All common arguments, all wrong (if it is happening with regularity). It is to do with the holsitics of your tactic. You are failing to open space and thus only create a certain type of chance which will be rushed 90% of the time. Get more men forward to support the attack and increase passing options. Allow more creativity via creative freedom and free roles to pull off the unexpected. Widen the formation to enable more passing angles. That should do the trick.

To everybody: stop with the insults, of which jerk off and allusions of immaturity are examples. They don't help anyone.

To the OP: It is your tactics and there is an answer. You would have had more joy in the tactics forum.

ok, so if my tactics are bad then how is it i dominate so much and create to many chances, and yet go on 10 games sequences were it seems the goal is bricked up, there is nothing more annoying than seeing that should have won easily message every single game, and whilst i except that in 1977 arsenal lost a game 1-0 where they had a 40-1 shot ratio, i cannot accept that it can happen for 10 games in a row, and that forwards with 19 for finishing and composure can miss 50 one on ones in a row, whilst the opposition just shoot from anywhere and never miss, tactics my ass </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's defenetly mid-season slump. all you need is to get a couple of good resoults and things will normalise again. maybe you should give some reserve striker a chance to proove himself. apart from what wwfan said about creative freedom and forward runs, this is defenetly a confidence issue your players (strikers) have.

anyway I agree with you (but would be very interested to see your tactical set up). this is a bad representation of a team in bad form- morale is very low. I couldn't argue here if team were not creating chances or if it failes to score in 2 or 3 even 5 matches. teams in bad form do not create many chances mostly (except arsenal icon_wink.gif). these things do happen a lot. but if you're creating chances that meens you're playing well. also there's problem in the game, strikers score way too much and if they are in poor form, than you depend on your wingers' and MC's goals icon_mad.gif

so we come to the 'quality of the chance'. I didn't watch other's pkm's, so I can only speak what I see from my matches. and my team is creating the same quality chances as AI. probably better. the only rushed chances I witness in my matches are those long shots from strikers with defender on his back. I consider them totally unrealistic. but I see those from AI as well. but I must admit I also see a lot of nice passing in the box and around it, my full backs going very high up and overlaping, some decent through balls from time to time... only thing I'd like to add here is that it's a shame that some basic things don't work properly (or they're bad representation of ME) and they limit the quality of chances (mine and AI's as well). things like crosses bounce into corners more often than not, flick on's are totally useless (target men), lack of 1/2's, bad movement from wingers, strikers scoring too many...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

Originally posted by Genuine_quality:

.[/b] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point Bongo! The only extra info' you can glean at the moment is by replaying an incident and seeing if any clues are given in the commentry, or by pulling up the match report to see if any hints are included in there. I'd love an "analysis tool" of the kind you mention so I knew what the ME had actually calculated. Was it a dodgy bounce, lack of first touch, good defensive tackle or cover etc (you just can't tell from the blobs")!

you can post subjective opinions. just be prepared for an answer that might not be what you want.

because you seem to want the game to fail.

Archived