awesome 20 year old, pants 21 year old?

Has it happened to other people to have a newgen, in this case an irish lad with strong phisical stats, to be this amazing prospect and then bomb out.

The season before he would regularly start for the UEFA cup games - and he tore the Europa league apart for us, 7 goals in 12 matches with an average rating of 7.12. He put in four goals in the premiership as well: his appearances were 3(5). The season before that, as a 19 years he was playing in the coca cola league one, where he scored 10 goals in 15 games (7.34)

Come this season, where he was to have much more responisbilities he completely bombed, beyond useful. Things got ugly between us and he's on morale ultra poor, so he's full time members of the reserve squad now. I think its cause the computer's finally caught on to the fact that his finishing is only 12 and his composure is 9, so for a poacher...

is such rising and failiing of newgens a common occurance ? have such scenarioes been experienced by other managers?

I hope its a common occurance.. as it happens IRL alot.. there have been countless players that have impressed in their first season and then "bomb out" and get sold to smaller teams.. I've had it happen 100's of times on FM.

In my current Leeds game I had a monster talent which I brought in for £10m.. he turned out to be probably the worst player in the game! I'm in 2032 so that means he was REALLY REALLY bad.. as a ST he scored 1! goal in about 30 appearances! then I sold him to Real Madrid :D

I hope its a common occurance.. as it happens IRL alot.. there have been countless players that have impressed in their first season and then "bomb out" and get sold to smaller teams.. I've had it happen 100's of times on FM.

In my current Leeds game I had a monster talent which I brought in for £10m.. he turned out to be probably the worst player in the game! I'm in 2032 so that means he was REALLY REALLY bad.. as a ST he scored 1! goal in about 30 appearances! then I sold him to Real Madrid :D

Have had it happen a few times with regens - Have one in my current game called Sean Clarke. for a 20yr old, decent AMC stats (passing, flair, technique, work rate and teamwork all 16min) and first season he was a beast behind Shelvey in the starting order while I let him settle, averaging 7.35 and banging in a few. 2nd season I gave him 7 straight starts and he managed 6.12, no goals, no assists and because I criticised his form, he wants out.

Things like this happen in real life and in FM, so I would say 'Yes, it is a common occurence'. The average rating of my regen AM rocketed from 6.84 in season one to 7.54 in season two, just to go down to 6.xx again in the next season, although he was always a starter.

I've got a regen right back in my long term game who was a great prospect as a 17 yo, but for a couple of seasons, completely stalled, and dropped stats after a while. I loaned him out for half a season, he got his form back, and his stats have improved again, and he's now challenging for a starting spot against my senior RB.

:D

true its a good this its a common occurance, its very realistic :-)

the irish lad is off to the italian first division, i'm sure he'll have a great career but he's not premiership material.

Things like this happen in real life and in FM, so I would say 'Yes, it is a common occurence'. The average rating of my regen AM rocketed from 6.84 in season one to 7.54 in season two, just to go down to 6.xx again in the next season, although he was always a starter.

This is also quite realistic, and not limited to youngsters or regens either. I don't think it was so evident in earlier FMs

I had a striker who was tipped to be the next Michael Owen whilst manager of Newcastle (still got the save going) and he flopped after 2 years of greatness as a youngster... I then re-trained him as a midfielder and he is now on the frindges of the England squad and is in the running for Young player of the year. :)

Happens a lot in real life, one example particularly close to my interests was Adam Pepper, first season he came through the ranks at Liverpool he was proclaimed to be amazing, 'the next gerrard.' Then season after, plays a bit part in the reserves. Nowadays, he has been released and, so i'm told, recently trialed with Derby but they didn't see much in him...

I think this does happen in game, i'm familiar with buying promising regens only for them not to develop and sit in the reserves through their early twenty's and sold off.

Yeah I have had a few players that hit 22/23 and failed to live up to early expectations....as some have said above I guess this is realistic.

A fair few do make it though, I guess loaning them out, making them specific training regimes and providing players with good tutors can create good strong adult players.

Archived