Will FM11 be in 3d?

Hi,

First off I don't mean will the match engine be in 3d, I mean proper 3d like coming out of the computer like you see in the cinema and on some games these days, I know it is the next big thing for computers that is slowly catching on so I'm gonna buy a 3d laptop and I'm wondering if FM11 will play in 3d?

Thanks,

James

I doubt it and it'd be mildly pointless as "3D" is really there to give you a feeling of depth etc which is why is good for sports, movies and some games but something like FM would yield no benefit really even in the ME imho.

Yes. Now in FM11 the text comes bouncing out of the screen and the tactics sliders spin around your pasty face whilst you desperately attempt to press your greasy fingertips upon them. During the time that all of this is happening your fitness coach is sat on your sofa behind you giving you the weekly backroom advice whilst half your U18 squad are in your kitchen raiding through your food cupboards looking for milky bars.

Hi,

First off I don't mean will the match engine be in 3d, I mean proper 3d like coming out of the computer like you see in the cinema and on some games these days, I know it is the next big thing for computers that is slowly catching on so I'm gonna buy a 3d laptop and I'm wondering if FM11 will play in 3d?

Thanks,

James

Awful idea IMO.

Why would we want to do something that even in the best executed movies makes them fuzzy, and anyway is just a moneymakig exercise for the studios, who don't have to spend extra, and just can slap it on any rubbish (and have done so on/off since the '50's) and charge an extra fiver for a movie you'll hate.

Yes. Now in FM11 the text comes bouncing out of the screen and the tactics sliders spin around your pasty face whilst you desperately attempt to press your greasy fingertips upon them. During the time that all of this is happening your fitness coach is sat on your sofa behind you giving you the weekly backroom advice whilst half your U18 squad are in your kitchen raiding through your food cupboards looking for milky bars.

Haha, can't wait to play that game.

Hi,

Thanks,

James

yea it is in "proper 3d", u need a 3d laptop and 3d glasses which come with the game. I hear the ME is like Eric Cantona coming at you kung fu kick style ;)

You would need to buy a computer which allows 3D, a 3D screen and 3D glasses, which i dont even think is availible to buy yet. So no.

Also, it would be rubbish anyway. The only thing that would look good is 3D glasses for the match engine, but your not talking about that. :p so this idea is a bit **** tbh.

this made me think about the future and wouldn't it be amazing for football manager 2025 or something to be in virtual reality

basically you load up the training program and you are stood giving out instructions or during the match you are in a virtual dugout shouting orders

i've seen the future and i love it!!

make it happen SI haha

Glasses aren't needed for 3D technology unless you're watching from multiple viewpoints (like at the cinema).

I don't think SI will waste their time implementing such a niche feature that will not bring them a significant return. If they had, I think they would have announced it as a headline feature.

Archived