FM2011 Release Day idea

wazza

I was thinking and wondering if there would be a patch to be released in line with the game on 5th November.

If so I thought of an idea, as the game cant be played until 5th, if a patch was required would it be possible for it to be released a day or so earlier so that everyone would have enough time to download it, even though it cant be used until 5th as no one will have the game yet.

I seem to think and remember (correct me if im wrong, as I could have been dreaming or having a nightmare) that when 2009 or 2010 was released at 12.00am the servers went down due to the amount of people trying to download the patch and game. Any thoughts on this idea and could SI implement it and release the patch earlier than the game to help prevent the congestion on line.

Unless there's a major issue with the gold version, I doubt they need to release one straight away. The first patch tends to be largely for data updates, and the most persistent problems found by users after release.

So they can't finish it until after we've all played it essentially.

Would send out a bad message IMO. What with people thinking that this game is as buggy as FM10. (those who keep on saying, playable after 3rd patch.)

As I recall the game was pretty playable out of the box even before the first patch was applied.

Maybe the patch(es) won't be even needed, so I don't like the OP's idea TBH.

Its highly unlikely that the game will be 100%bug free. I will stick my neck out and say the game will need at least one patch.

Unless there's a major issue with the gold version, I doubt they need to release one straight away. The first patch tends to be largely for data updates, and the most persistent problems found by users after release.

So they can't finish it until after we've all played it essentially.

If there are any major issues with the game they'll probably know about them before the game goes gold. They'll probably wait for feedback from people using the demo since people have such varied systems to see if any other major issues pop up and then decide on a patch strategy at that point.

Fair enough. I was only trying to think of ideas to stop the congestion online at 12.00am on the 5th November because if I remember rightly on FM2009 or 2010 the sever crashed and nobody could dowload anything or play the game at 12.00 on the day of release and this message board was packed with people moaning about how they couldnt start there game. It doesnt bother me either way as I will be probably away that night and wont be online to download.

It usually goes along the lines of:

1. Game is released

2. Bugs forum goes into meltdown

3. First patch to fix late notice demo issues

4. Bugs forum still in meltdown

5. Second patch to address issues from bugs forum.

6. Bugs forum cools off

7. Third patch if needed.

Fair enough. I was only trying to think of ideas to stop the congestion online at 12.00am on the 5th November because if I remember rightly on FM2009 or 2010 the sever crashed and nobody could dowload anything or play the game at 12.00 on the day of release and this message board was packed with people moaning about how they couldnt start there game. It doesnt bother me either way as I will be probably away that night and wont be online to download.

The server didn't crash, it was attacked.

Archived