2026 - Are you happy with your team's Manager?

Thought it might be fun to tell you who is manager of current Prem clubs and have a bit of banter on how realistic it is, etc, etc.

In my opinion, there's a few silly ones, a few believeable ones

Here we go. Ive listed the last 3 managers with the last one being the current manager. Current Premiership teams only:

Spurs: Michael Owen ~ Maynor Figueroa ~ Henning Berg

West Brom: Metin Tekin ~ Phil Brown ~ Nigel Pearson

West Ham: Gary Neville ~ Dirk Kuyt ~ Regen

Wolves: Dennis Lawrence ~ Michael Owen ~ Damien Duff

Arsenal: Aaron Mokoena ~ Bryan Klug ~ Cesc Fabregas

Villa: Ronald Koeman ~ Gary Neville ~ Fabien Camus

Blackburn: Sam Allardyce ~ Alan Shearer

Bolton: Kevin Blackwell ~ Sam Ricketts ~ Peter Masilela

Burnley: Frank De Boar ~ Maynor Figueroa ~ Glen Johnson

Chelsea: Paulo Sousa ~ Frank Lampard (In charge for 1 game!) ~ Nigel Clough

Everton: David Moyes ~ Roberto Di Matteo ~ Jens Mustermann

Fulham: Damien Stewart ~ Aaron Mokeona ~ David Platt

Liverpool: Owen Coyle ~ Claude Puel ~ Steven Gerrard

Man City: Lothar Matthaus ~ Metin Tekin ~ Luis Enrique

Man United: Krasimer Balakov ~ Thomas Schaff ~ Maynor Figeuroa

Millwall: Keith Alexander (RIP) ~ Kevin Blackwell ~ Owen Hargreaves

Peterborough: David Platt ~ Steven Davis ~ Nathan Delfouneso

Sunderland: Simon Grayson ~ Michael Owen ~ Curtis Davis

Notts County: Phil Brown ~ Henning Berg ~ Aaron Mokoena

Leeds 1st in League 1: Peter Masilela ~ Michael Mancienne ~ Craig Taylor

In case you're like wtf - Craig Taylor was a central defender who retired around 2005/6 - he played for us (Torquay) in our promotion season, while Plymouth was probably the 'biggest' club he played for!!! Bit of a blast from the past, p.s. he was ****!

Maynor Figueroa is quite the journeyman!

Yeah I was going to mention that! This thread highlights another reason I love long term saves, to see where all the random players end up as managers. That being said, can you imagine doing the same based on an early version of CM, say on the Amiga, and which players have turned out to be managers / staff members in the EPL (and other places)?! Steve Bruce, Davie Moyes, Iain Holloway, Chris Hughton, Owen Coyle, Alex McLeish etc...they all seem perfectly normal to us now but it would have been very different if this thread had been started 15 years ago! :)

Im managing Torquay - won the Premier League for the first time last season (2025/26) by something like 15 points!

Blackburn - mainly in the last couple of season - have emerged as my biggest rivals for the title. They finished second last season and stuffed me 5-0 at Ewood Park.

At the moment they are about 7 points behind me in 2nd place (am in early December) but have a game in hand on me so definately my biggest threat in retaining the title.

My backroom staff includes Fernando Torres as Ass Man, Gerry Taggart, think the rest are awesome regens. Before Torres I had .....ahh can't remember his name...he plays for leeds in real life, centre back, got a funny surname, think he's jamaican or some nationality like that, think he was out most of last season injured. Anyway he got poached my a lower league club but whenever someone comes in for my staff i just offer them a small pay rise and they always accept my offer!!

Here's a glance at 2046...

Most of the top managers in my game are regens themselves by now, but there are a few notable former players doing well:

I would say Jermaine Jenas has done remarkably well to stay in control of Liverpool for 14 seasons. (Ignore his cup wins!!! I'm using SuperBladesman update - which means some clubs get entered into all kinds of weird and wonderful tournaments...)

Similarly, Momo Sissoko at Milan for 13 seasons.

JermaineJenas.png

MohamedSissoko.png

Archived