They don't seem to be listening, and they're greedy!

Hey guys,

This thread actually contains two seperate questions. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Most of my positive Team-talks are generating a "Didn't seem to be listening" response.. is this okay? I would be a little more harsh by saying I am 'disappointed', but it would lead to anger and a drop in morale (especially if its a victory, and some players got 7.x rating and above)

My second question is regarding contrac renewals. I'm managing Mancheste City at the moment, and around 8 - 11 contracts are set to expire. My grip is with the ridiculous boost in appearance fees that the players are demanding. A player who earned 5.5k per game now wants 12.75k... The most incredulous one being Viera's, which jumped up to 34k per appearance! (Not gonna renew his contract, but I worry about my other useful players) The club is aleady operating on a loss of 15-20 mil a month, with the main expenditure being the player's wages.

My question is, what the hell should I do (regarding both issues)?

Thanks in advance!

Answer to the 1st question. When players say they are not listening it means that in truth they dont react to what you are saying. It can be good to mix your teamtalks up but I see where your coming from. Sometimes when they arent listening they can be complacent from what I have seen in my games.

Answer to question 2. Just because a player asks for a certain wage or bonus doesnt mean you have to give it to them. I always offer less then they ask for. Also with Viera being old has he asked for less wages but for abigger appearance fee. If he has this could work in your favour because if you dont play him often you could save money by paying him a less weekly wage but a bigger appearance fee.

1. players often don't feel anything after your words. it may be wrong choice you made (well, its not really wrong as they diodn't take it badly) but i believe it still needs a lot of coding before this feature is perfect in FM. basically, theres nothing wrong with it except it's annoying seeing it game in game out.

rule of thumb is to be more demanding from players with highdetermination (above 16) and put less pressure on those below 13

regarding your concern with losing money on player wages in man city, don't worry as your chairman will send you a letter every three months saying he just put 20 million of pounds on the account.

They do. If you say something good to the players sometimes it says looked delighted. Also if the chairman gets bored and pulls his funding from the club then he would be stuffed. I have see someone post a screenshot on here of Man City going into Administration and getting relegated.

Ugh, it does seem to lead to complacency.. I was rocking with Man City, scoring victories such as 4-0, 3-0, and once, 6-1. During the second half of the season, the "didn't seem to be listening" broke through my squad like the plague. Goals and results dwindled, with victories such 1-0 and 2-1 over teams who I should have on by a much greater margin. Moreover, the High Bonus PR also vanished, adding to my result and performance woes! Tried "Good result but poor performance" and the team seemed to be experiencing a drop in morale, which is quite confusing since my squad is summed up to be a "a very determined" bunch.

What do I do about those greedy players, by the way? Their contracts are expiring, but if they end up leaving the club without being sold, it means no profit for the club. It seems like my squad is quite pampered when it comes to wages as well. I tried selling a couple of players to clubs, and they would demand a certain percentage of their salaries to be paid for another 2 or 3 years! Buying 'suitable' and 'competent' players to replace those 'expiring' players would also be a costly endeavour...

Actually, that wasn't my fault to begin with. I'm on my second season, we're talking about their default salaries here :p Usually, from what I've seen, a player is extremely picky about his appearance fee.. even a 5k increase in wages would not dissuade the player from complaining about the 5k drop in his appearance fee

Actually, that wasn't my fault to begin with. I'm on my second season, we're talking about their default salaries here :p Usually, from what I've seen, a player is extremely picky about his appearance fee.. even a 5k increase in wages would not dissuade the player from complaining about the 5k drop in his appearance fee

No put his appearnace fee up and drop his wage and maybe offer a bit more in signing on fees. It does work sometimes but depends on the player.

Archived