TBH we need to know OFFICIALLY what makes a player a future good coach/scout/ast. man

And by 'we' I mean 'I and probably the others'.

When a player is 30+, we can interact with them saying they'd make a good coach, scout, assistant manager etc. to eventually get them to have a go at that job when they retire.

But what are we looking for when using our influencing powers to shape a player's future non-playing career? I've gone by determination, influence and personality (someone with high influence and a bit of determination could be a coach), but it could just be how skillful a player is (Messi could be a coach).

I've made a thread before and we just don't know. We guess.

I know that FM is about finding things out yourself but, considering the complexity of the game, that has not been pulled off in other areas, hence the forum activity and the popularity of other FM sites and guides where we discover we've been doing everything absolutely wrong cos we didn't assume this or wrongly assumed that.

Also, considering the amount of players and time the process takes, I've not come to any conclusions other than a couple of retirees who have become scouts have had a JA/JP or 12/10 and I may have wasted a potentially brilliant coach. Or have I?

So in short: Mr/Ms SI staff member, what do we need to look for when helping a player decide his staff role?

Pretty please.

mods please close this.

Mate stop clogging up the forums with these threads, its pointless, this is what, the 3rd thread with the exact same title in a matter of days?

There is no official answer, ex players get a PA/CA for coaching just as a normal coach does, it isnt a hard concept to grasp!

And then it got reopened lol, there was a whole discussion about how it had been closed which has now been deleted. I share the thoughts of everybody when I sincerely wish this thread dies though. Its the least interesting part of the game which has ever been discussed.

my apologies then, i was unaware. Dont see why it was reopened, he even stopped posting about the topic and just abusing mods. For such a simple question to which he already has had an answer too, (yes i dont work for SI but i am a researcher and i have been taught how this works) this thread should be long burried by now

what he wants to be is affected by what you tell them. So that's somewhat irrelevant.

actually not mate. A player will have a natural trait regardless he is capable of deciding to want to be a coach without you saying he should be, you telling him can change that from say coach to manager, so it isnt "somewhat irrelevant"

Archived