Give me some help with a predicament

Right, so I've reached the end of a save with Nottm Forest after winning pretty much everything possible and want a new game. However, it seems a bit pointless to start a new game on exactly the same patch etc that I last played, so tried downloading a torrent I'd found of a new patch with all the summer/august transfers and league changes made. But that didn't work for whatever reason. Obviously I'd buy the new FM but was disappointed to find that the demo isn't out for a few weeks yet.

And then I thought of something. Years ago, on an old Champ Manager, I remember my brother changing a bunch of the players' ratings and moving players to different clubs by using some sort of backup database or something...and I was wondering whether there's any way I could do that? Is there any way you can move players to different clubs without actually starting a new save, taking over loads of different clubs and forcing the transfers? Perhaps by going into some of the individual FM files on my computer or something?

If this isn't possible, what should I do? Is there a way of my finding an updated patch of the game that has last season's relegations and promotions and all the transfers? Or am I going to have to wait for FM11 itself to come on the shelves?

Thanks

Archived