Man Utd debts....

I don't think you can amend any repayment plans in the game.

Would be a boardroom decision, never seen it happen.

The board if you have a large amount of money available may consider paying off some of the debt. Happened to me when I was Bolton. However I dont think it happens often. In BristolCityFC1981's case I dont think it would happen as that money can be used for strengthening the team.

Does anyone know if asking the board to pay off a debt be a feature in FM11? It should be, in my newcastle save I had over £500m in the bank and was still paying interest on a loan. Seems stupid to me.

Would be very nice indeed, i have asked SI many times to get an option or whatever for this, but no reply. Guess we have to wait and find out :p

Would be very nice indeed, i have asked SI many times to get an option or whatever for this, but no reply. Guess we have to wait and find out :p

I dont want it to be in as its not realistic. Do you think managers go to the board and say can you pay off this loan. I dont think they do. Most boards are happy paying it off in installments as its cheaper.

This for me will be one of the more important features in Fm11, the levels of debt, and if it's set up such that if Man Utd ever failed to get into the top 4 (note I say if, ManYoo fans) then the debt wheels would come off much like they have at Liverpool in real life this season.... failure to make top4 makes it harder to maintain debt.

Man Utd, & Liverpool, are built on debt and that, to my mind, makes a rapid decline at some point inevitable. Doubtless in FM11 it'll happen to Liverpool (it has already started in real life, of course) but will it happen to Man Utd if for any reason they fail to meet the success targets they need to keep the debt facade up ?

I dont want it to be in as its not realistic. Do you think managers go to the board and say can you pay off this loan. I dont think they do. Most boards are happy paying it off in installments as its cheaper.

Well ain't it a bit stupid to have a Balance of 500M and still have a loan for 100M? (for example) i know it doesn't really matter because you have enough money for transfers, salary and stuff but still.

I doubt many managers ask for the ground to be expanded either but that board request is available.

I agree that in this case the manager shouldn't be getting involved.

Well ain't it a bit stupid to have a Balance of 500M and still have a loan for 100M? (for example) i know it doesn't really matter because you have enough money for transfers, salary and stuff but still.

In football, having a bank balance of £500m is extremely unrealistic, so I stick to my answer no.

Also if you have a little club with debts, and you sell a player for like 5M because you had a very good talent, should be nice to pay off all debts at once.

Little clubs rarely ever sell a player for £5m. If you are defining a little club to what I would call a little club. Most little clubs have to sell for around £400k because they cant afford to turn it down because most clubs run at a loss. So this money helps them break even.

I doubt many managers ask for the ground to be expanded either but that board request is available.

I agree that in this case the manager shouldn't be getting involved.

Yh I know but what can you do. Thats already in there. I think it should be taken out but the board are more realistic. So if you have a good average capacity and some money instead of saying cant expand, not enough room. They try and find some land to build a new stadium.

I am in 2024 and have been Man Utd since the start and at one point when i had a large balance the board payed off some of the debt so i was paying less per month but i have just told they are building a stadium in my honour so the debts are back to how they were:( I kind of wish they hadn't because i was still losing around £10m a month without a second loan.

No, as has been said, its cheaper to keep paying off a loan on a monthly basis. Sure you might have loads of money, but there's no point in throwing it away.

Wrong. Where did you get that idea? I guess you've never got a loan yourself in your life. You must be too young :)

Paying off a loan early will save you from paying the interests that you would otherwise be paying for the remainder of the loan term. So, unless you have a good investment available to use your saved money, it is always a good idea to pay off your loan to get rid of the interest payments.

Wrong. Where did you get that idea? I guess you've never got a loan yourself in your life. You must be too young :)

Paying off a loan early will save you from paying the interests that you would otherwise be paying for the remainder of the loan term. So, unless you have a good investment available to use your saved money, it is always a good idea to pay off your loan to get rid of the interest payments.

Irl it is yes but on the game in my experiences its better to pay them off in installments as you have money left over in your bank still. Or more money in your bank.

You have to pay large penalties usually. The banks aren't just going to go 'oh so you want to pay of your loan early, therefore we won't get loads of interest? That's fine, have a nice day.' So not worth it. Besides which, big loan finance package worth hundreds of millions of pounds at a football club? Not quite the same as the loan you took out is it.

LOl, excuse him he's american, moreso southern american, but yeah a bank would usually only accept a pay off on a loan without a big penalty fee if the risk of that borrower defaulting on payments is alarmingly high, in that case the bank just wants their own money back as soon as possible.

Archived