Liverpool Board Takeover

I wasn't sure where to post this but here goes.

I'm playing a new Manchester United save and have noticed that Liverpool are in the process of being taken over.

I have also noticed that the English Businessman who is offering £225M for the club will be making available a transfer bounty of a whopping £317M.

I was just wondering what sort of experiences other players have had with clubs getting the Man City treatment in game if you like and how it affected things in your saves?

Ive only ever had one takeover which gave me money and that was on FM07 or FM08 when they were common in the game. I was Newcastle. I loved it being able to sign who I wanted. I havent had a takeover like that ever since. Well not that I can remember of. I feel it spoils my games if it would happen to me as I prefer to wheel and deal.

I've never really had anything like that. To be honest, I think it depends on the manager's attributes. Sometimes he'll buy loads of deadwood to flesh out his squad, other times he'll chase the very best players around. You can probably expect Liverpool to become much more serious title challengers now.

I had it happen once in 08 (I think), totally ruined my game for me, my own fault I know as I didn't have to spend the money, but the temptation was too great, but then my "achievements" didn't feel earned.

I think if my side does get taken over by a sugar daddy in this save, I will probably resign as if I just wanted to buy trophies I would have taken over Man City.

I've just started a game as Liverpool using the metal guitarists update. I've just been taken over but the new owner didn't give me any new transfer funds but they are upgrading the facilities and training. I am expecting to get the sack soon though because I am currently in 10th and doing pretty badly tbh. Got beat by Dundee United in the europa league and quite a few of the players have lost confidence in me.

I have just started a game using the 10.3 update and Liverpool.

My news item said the same as the OP when the transfer embargo was imposed. This was about September\October 2009. When the takeover was complete I got told the Training facilities and the Youth Facitilites were being upgraded. These were completed by February.

As for transfer funds I was eventually given £142 Million in November. So far I have used it to bring in a couple of strikers to cover for Torres who only seems to manage 3 or 4 games in a row.

It has helped freshen things up as I had fallen to 7th place and now back to 2nd.

In my Derby save some Colombian billionaire took over and threw money at me, at one point I was able to up to offer wages at £260,000 a week to players to get them to come

I got a new stadium, all world class training and youth facilities, around 543232 coaches, 3445 physios and enough Scouts to see every game on the planet from Sunday League to World Cup

And I hated it, It was no fun at all, I just bought the title. I ended up not renewing my contract and going to Southampton in League 2 to build them up

I was having something like £200m debts wiped at the end of each season and the Chairman was putting in around £8m a month with running costs.

Absurd

I went to Liverpool in the 2010s in my main save, they had already been taken over but bad financial management from the previous guy left them with no money anyway! 8 yeas later and I've got their bank balance very healthy by buying young players and selling them high, and winning a lot of comps. My best sell was a regen called Jose David Cubas from Real Madrid for £3m. Sold him for £55m (after he won a few World Player awards and stuff, sad to see him go...)

I started as Rangers had 2 brilliant season there and got offered the Liverpool Job, little did i know was that had been taken over by a Italian Tycoon and they were minted, I havent taken full advantage of all the money as i just signed my old players from rangers the only major signing is C.Ronaldo for 35m. they offered him to me in 2013 he was unhappy that they sold pepe to man city

I have just started a game using the 10.3 update and Liverpool.

So far I have used it to bring in a couple of strikers to cover for Torres who only seems to manage 3 or 4 games in a row.

Yes he is pretty injury prone in FM with the update I am using as well. I'm pretty sure he's not as bad injury wise as that irl is he? I've even thought about getting rid of him and replacing him altogether and replacing him with someone less injury prone.but since my position (currently 8th) is already procarious I think selling him would definitely mean the sack so that isnt an option and the new chairman hasn't given me any new funds so there would be no money for a replacement thats just as good\better anyway.

Archived