Loaning out youth players

Iv always been reluctant to send my young players on loan to teams in leagues such as BSS/BSN and lower and even BSP as I felt that wasnt a good enough level for them to develope there attributes. So when a team like this made an offer or i get a feeder club at that level I rarely would send my good young prospects there and kept them in the U19's or Reserves, playing them myself every so often

Am I right with this or will any experence at any level be good enough for them to improve even if say their current ability is a good L2 player?

Any help would be great.

In my opinion, taking the example you have given with a player that is say, L2 'quality', I would still be happy for him to play for a team in the BSP as it gives him first team football, week in, week out. And it's more football than what he is getting back home. Although, there is the flip side in that your training facilites, coaching etc may be ten times as good, and in some ways the reserve matches and home training may be better.

There are both sides to this argument, but I personally like to give my players first team opportunity, even at a lower league club than what they are supposivly good enough to play in, as they enjoy and prefer to get first team football. But always push for a side he is good enough to play for, but not a side that is too good.

For example, you send an average L2 quality player on loan to a L2 club that are likely to gain promotion and he is only going to play as back up, it might be better to loan him to a club fighting for relegation or a top BSP club if you see what I mean.

I mostly agree with Satio :)

The important thing for the youngster is getting some league games at as high a level as he can get. If he is not getting min. 15 games a season for you in L2, then better to give him 30 games in BSP or BSS/BSN than 30 games in your reserves team. Besides it is unlikely that your facilities/staff is so much better than a league or two lower that it would even out the difference.

Since they hardly help with CA gain, and matches do, you want them playing to gain CA and then you can redistribute stats when he comes back under your training regime. You would only want to loan him out to clubs where they say he will be important first team member, so he is getting lots of matches, and hopefully good ratings too which also helps his CA gain.

Iv always been reluctant to send my young players on loan to teams in leagues such as BSS/BSN and lower and even BSP as I felt that wasnt a good enough level for them to develope there attributes. So when a team like this made an offer or i get a feeder club at that level I rarely would send my good young prospects there and kept them in the U19's or Reserves, playing them myself every so often

Am I right with this or will any experence at any level be good enough for them to improve even if say their current ability is a good L2 player?

Any help would be great.

it does not matter they play in a lower league he will get first team football won't he.

What some clubs do is loan the youngsters out to local clubs, Wealdstone in Watford's case, and then have the player train at the parent club for most of the week and only go to training at the loan club a couple of times a week to work on tactics.

So the kid will take advantage of full time training with good quality coaches and facilities at his parent club and then get the experince playing in the first team of a lower league club.

Perhaps that's something that could be added to a future release of FM.

Archived