Anyone else feels sad when this happens?

Current save with Millwall is in year 2022.

I remember playing Neil Harris and Gary Alexander, and them bagging goals.

They went to other clubs in their late stages, became coaches and managers.

As Millwall favorite personnel, they often commented on big wins, or warned about opposition's dangerous players etc.

Now, their names are has no links.

They are unclickable.

Not in the game anymore...

I know this is bunch of lines of programming code and moving pixels in the screen but still...

It would be nice if there was an option to archive old stats before they dissapear forever. They could be archived in a seperate file to the save-game file to keep things to a minimum and loaded into excel or notepad. Or even a print screen option would suffice. One of the few good features in Fifa Manager was the ability to do just that, and with almost all types of stats. You could save them in an archived file or print them out, wether its an entire players career or full seasons results and league tables etc.

It'd be nice if the game had club/international legends come back to watch a game every now and again, and have the crowd recognise them, chant their name, maybe they could still occasionally comment etc.

I've always wanted this to happen if you are an international manager who comes back to watch a game at your old club, but of course if you leave, you're no longer a legend, just some hated nobody :(

In general the game really should take into account history much more have players/fans comment on the old days, compare current regime etc. It would make the game much more immersive and rewarding imo.

Don't know what the purpose of this would be, but you could just hit the print screen key and paste it on paint.

Only problem with that is that what if they retire before you have the chance to Print Screen?

I think what could be done is that when a person announces they are to retire, you get a notice, and have the option to archive that person's stats.

You could always get a screenshot of their stats before they retire. If it's a player/staff member you know you want to keep the records of, get the screenshot as soon as you can. When they become staff members, their playing history isn't going to change so if that's what you want to remember, take the screenshot of it the moment they become staff.

Archived