Last run on 10, need ideas on how many leagues to run

Hi everyone,

So as the title states I'm going to run my final save in FM2010. Normally I keep things small. But I want somehting bigger. The goal of the game is to take staines to the top. my specs are as follows

AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 2.8ghz dual core

3gb ddr1

ati x1800gt

IDE 10,000rpm HDD

I'm running XP at the moment as well. thanks again for the tips

I would say Brazil, Argentina, Spain, France, Germany, England, Portugal, Holland, Russia, Italy, etc

30,000 players.

PS : Loading International players from all "CONTINENTS" produces great and balanced regens and keeps international teams from loaded leagues from dominating too much.

Loadin leagues as View-Only(most underrated feature IMO) will not slow down too much, but will add lot of financial stability and will make continental cups more competitive.

Ishu, I've loaded up those leagues with players based in those nations and it's coming up with like 80,000+ players. Am I doing something wrong?

Try this:

Select Custom database ->

Select 'England' and Large DB

then Add and select 'load all top level division players' -> Continents - Europe

repeat and add continents -> South America and Africa

this will give you around 55,000 players.

You should not go above this because this will give you plenty of good regens from Latin america, Europe & Africa. Also you have 3GB DDR1 RAM, this will bottleneck your setup, I think.

Ishu, I've loaded up those leagues with players based in those nations and it's coming up with like 80,000+ players. Am I doing something wrong?

Oh you just make the leagues viewable rather than playable.

Do what Arijit said.

Loading the league as view-only will not the players of that league.

PS I recommend medium database if you are playing in a higher division. Large = Medium + useless players.

I'm not the OP, but I've got 3GB DDR2 RAM. I'll give that a go, anyway.

So I select 'Players from top division clubs' for South America, Europe and Africa.

Try N.America too. I've seen a lot of quality regens from there. You can add others to your preference upto 80,000.

I have Brazil, Argentina, Holland, Russia, (1 League each)

France, Germany, Portugal, Italy, (2 Leagues each)

England, Spain, (3 Leagues each)

on a 2GB setup

with 35000 player. Runs fine.

Loadin leagues as View-Only(most underrated feature IMO) will not slow down too much, but will add lot of financial stability and will make continental cups more competitive.

I think knowing what I know now, I'd run France, England, Scotland, and maybe a few of the european "big leagues" it's tempting to run some outside of europe clubs too for the club world championships to maybe possibly get a good team. I'd probably avoid brazil though, I regret loading that on my new norwegian save, they have far, far too many good players in brazil, it's ridiculous.

Hi everyone,

So as the title states I'm going to run my final save in FM2010. Normally I keep things small. But I want somehting bigger. The goal of the game is to take staines to the top. my specs are as follows

AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 2.8ghz dual core

3gb ddr1

ati x1800gt

IDE 10,000rpm HDD

I'm running XP at the moment as well. thanks again for the tips

Nice Rig. Assuming the HD is Western Digital Raptor.

Archived