Thanks Genoa.

You have unsettled my whole squad. Even players who are 22 years old feel they need to move on because they have lost motivation and need a new challenge, and Genoa are too good a prospect to turn down... but rewind just a second.

I have won 10 Champions Leagues in 14 seasons. They have won 0. In fact, they have only won the league twice in the last 10 years.

What is it that makes Genoa so huge? Why is it that my whole squad has now fallen apart and wants to move to them.... please can somebody explain what it is about Genoa that makes them so dominant in the game?

EDIT: I am Manchester United, for the record.

In FM 07, I won every single competition I entered last season (Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup and even the Charity Shield) and still had a couple of players who wanted a new challenge. Plus a few I had to renew the contract of, despite doing just that 6 months ago because they were getting slight concerns about wanting a new challenge, to keep them quiet.

It's not illogical to think some people would want something new or different or just a change despite being paid to win everything and be adored, but your example is ridiculous.

Anyway, any players that want to move can go eat ****. I make them honour their contract until they have one year left, or even right to the end of their contract if I need/want to.

From my experience, their performance doesn't get worse because of it. And if it did, they must play like Messinaldo Best-elé on speed when they're happy.

I find quite the contrary, I once had a player sent off (when you consider my career has only had about 5 red cards in about 8/9 years) when he was unhappy

This was a once-occurrence though, and performance may be slightly worse when it's a team that they have their heart set on

I find quite the contrary, I once had a player sent off (when you consider my career has only had about 5 red cards in about 8/9 years) when he was unhappy

This was a once-occurrence though, and performance may be slightly worse when it's a team that they have their heart set on

I don't consider a player getting a red card being to the contrary. :/

2 red cards after a clean record and violent behaviour though...

You have unsettled my whole squad. Even players who are 22 years old feel they need to move on because they have lost motivation and need a new challenge, and Genoa are too good a prospect to turn down... but rewind just a second.

I have won 10 Champions Leagues in 14 seasons. They have won 0. In fact, they have only won the league twice in the last 10 years.

What is it that makes Genoa so huge? Why is it that my whole squad has now fallen apart and wants to move to them.... please can somebody explain what it is about Genoa that makes them so dominant in the game?

Are they still playing 3-4-3?

In FM 07, I won every single competition I entered last season (Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup and even the Charity Shield) and still had a couple of players who wanted a new challenge.

That's exactly why they would want a new challenge though...because they have won everything here.

That's exactly why they would want a new challenge though...because they have won everything here.

No. The players that are 22 havnt won everything with me. The players that have only been here 1 season havnt won everything with me. Regardless, this isnt my my point, this isnt my issue.

Players move on. Players are disloyal, this will always happen.

My issue is why do 15 players want to move to GENOA. Why GENOA? Why them? My question in my OP was "what makes genoa so huge"? , not why do my players want to leave.

It happens, players seem to want to play in Serie A. I remember a few years ago, Juventus kept unsettling my dominant Tottenham team.

What I did was sell them off and replace them.

In real life, teams don't have to sell 5-10 players a year, then replace 5-10 players a year, because of the power that is GENOA.

EDIT: I have just signed a replacement. He has been here 2 weeks, and NOW GENOA HAVE UNSETTLED HIM.

NOW HE WANTS TO LEAVE ME AND GO TO GENOA?

Why? They dont win anything.... but even my replacement players now want to go to Genoa.........

You've yet to mention what team YOU are.

Manchester United. Also added this to OP to make it clearer.

Basically.. this is football.. so Ive got no issue with players becoming unsettled, but only for good reason. I see no good reason as to why seemingly every good player in the game wants to be at genoa, when they don't do anything.

Any player would wan't a new challenge unless they have the club as favorite and a loyalty of 20. Look at Cristiano Ronaldo he left, he won everything possible with Man Utd the club which made him so good. These things happen, sell for high price buy for low, this is my best advice. If a player is unsettled then play him as much as you can, soon he will forget his problems as the transfer window closes.

If he still wants to go then sell him at the highest price you can get for him.

man city always do this to me. they chase my players every season. i lose a lot of players to italian sides as well.

but iam ajax. yes i have won the champions league 3 years running but the dutch league is a doddle and we have won everything else. i dont blame the players when they want to leave for a different challenge. the only thing that grates a bit is even teams like atalanta and catania can unsettle my players

Any player would wan't a new challenge unless they have the club as favorite and a loyalty of 20. Look at Cristiano Ronaldo he left, he won everything possible with Man Utd the club which made him so good. These things happen, sell for high price buy for low, this is my best advice. If a player is unsettled then play him as much as you can, soon he will forget his problems as the transfer window closes.

If he still wants to go then sell him at the highest price you can get for him.

No.

I am asking why it is GENOA?

Several times I have stated that I can understand players moving on.

I want to know why every player in the world wants to be at Genoa.

Are players Disloyal? Hell yeah!!! Are Genoa the greatest thing since sliced bread.... umm.... nope. They win nothing.

So... why... genoa....

I am struggling to think of different ways to phrase this question, No other team in the world can unsettle my players. Man City, Madrid, Barca.... my players laugh in their faces.

Yet when Genoa come knocking.... they race to get out of the door. This is the question that I am asking.............. Why Genoa??????

If anyone responds with something such as "reputation", I would like to point out that 10 CL's in 14 years compared to 0 CL's in 14 years means I have the far superior reputation. If you then surmise that it is exactly because I have won so much that my players need a new challenge, I would like to point out that even players who have only been at my club for 2 weeks are now being unsettled by Genoa.

i think people are replying the wrong way, the OP is clearly asking why all his players really want to go to Genoa when they dont want to go to big teams like Barca, Man City etc, i dont think he is asking why they want a new challenge as numorous people have been trying to explain, he is curious as to why it is Genoa they want and noone else, if he has 15 players all wanting to go to Genoa, even players he has just signed than it could either be a bug, or they have had a big takeover and their rep has shot up.

Also, it could be that they are declaring interest and your players dont see a big club as a challenge and Genoa are the only 'small one', ie a challenge, showing interest?

i think people are replying the wrong way, the OP is clearly asking why all his players really want to go to Genoa when they dont want to go to big teams like Barca, Man City etc, i dont think he is asking why they want a new challenge as numorous people have been trying to explain

He did not state how well Genoa have done in the decade(s) gone in his game, so it was presumed irrelevant...what with an entire squad wanting to move to one club being a more alarming problem, regardless of how successful that club is in comparison to his 10-CL winning team.

Hmmmmm. I think I want to go to Genoa too now.....

I wonder if Barcelona has the same problem, "look boss, I know I get paid a fortune and play in possibly the best team in the world, but I can't help it. I want to sign for Wigan. And so does the rest of the team. Apart from Messi, he has a hankering for Scunthorpe."

Genoa turned out to be a powerhouse in my save, maybe a sign of things to come?

Why don't you just think it of that Genoa have a grand plan to become champions and competitive in Europe, so your players want that challenge as it's just too easy to win trophies at Man Utd.

Having said that whats your teams 'Personality' and the personality of the players in question. I'm 15 seasons in and players that I signed at the start still want to stay at my club, the odd ones have "May want a new challenge" which, either nothing happens or I offer them a new contract. There has been two that said they want a new challenge only to come back and say they were wrong to want to leave. My team is Professional and Determind, with many leaders/born leaders.

It is a bit strange having that many players wanting away though, suggesting this area should be improved. Maybe youth products from the academy or players with favourite club in question should get an added bonus to loyalty therefore creating players like Ryan Giggs and Paolo Maldini.

He did not state how well Genoa have done in the decade(s) gone in his game, so it was presumed irrelevant...what with an entire squad wanting to move to one club being a more alarming problem, regardless of how successful that club is in comparison to his 10-CL winning team.

Yes I did state this. I have stated what Genoa have won in the last 10 years, which is 0 CL's, and 2 Serie A's.

The only possible explanation is a sugar daddy type takeover, which I have seen happen to Arsenal in my game. However, Genoa have not been taken over by anybody, so this isn't the case.

I have managed to get to the end of August losing only a few unsettled players, all of which I refused to sell to Genoa. Maybe that was a mistake, and means they will just keep hassling all my other players, but hell, I don't like them.

Genoa is the only team in the database that comes with "secret underground lair" facilities. This enables their Chairman, Board of directors, and management team to plot, scheme, and hold regular meetings in with laptop computers projecting several MS Word pages covered in bullet points on to the wall, conjuring up all sorts of discussions about various nefarious schemes to unsettle any and all human manager's players.

None of this would be possible without the assistance of several hundred Oriental Asian henchmen in white boiler suits and orange safety hats masquerading as club employees like "Scouts", "Physios", "Steve Sidwell" etc. The really worrying thing is that I'm hearing rumours that in FM2011 Real Betis have been given a fake sliding volcano hiding a launch-silo on top of their lair :(

Genoa is the only team in the database that comes with "secret underground lair" facilities. This enables their Chairman, Board of directors, and management team to plot, scheme, and hold regular meetings in with laptop computers projecting several MS Word pages covered in bullet points on to the wall, conjuring up all sorts of discussions about various nefarious schemes to unsettle any and all human manager's players.

None of this would be possible without the assistance of several hundred Oriental Asian henchmen in white boiler suits and orange safety hats masquerading as club employees like "Scouts", "Physios", "Steve Sidwell" etc. The really worrying thing is that I'm hearing rumours that in FM2011 Real Betis have been given a fake sliding volcano hiding a launch-silo on top of their lair :(

spot on mate

That is by far the best response to the OP yet :D .

Or in other words, the game is unrealistic when playing long term saves. SI are gods. Deal with it?

Naw, I'm totally understanding of your point and agree there's something far wrong. Perhaps SI have goofed and Genoa have some rather extravagant Chairman attributes etc, even if they're loaded and ambitious in real life there's no realistic explanation for every single top player wanting to suddenly run off to join them. If you were one of their main rivals, in terms of competition for trophies or just local bragging rights, then I could see some motive for trying to unsettle your squad, but if they're just some random ambitious team playing in an unrelated foreign league then there's really no excuse as to why they're repeatedly victimising your club and players alone if they're not also at it with all the other top clubs and players around.

It's been mentioned before that Genoa tend to become very competitive and very "big" quickly in most FM2010 games, so you're certainly not alone in noticing some problems. Hey-ho, chalk it up to another one of those "hopefully they fix this for next time" weird little foibles every iteration of FM surprises us with. I wasn't intending to belittle you or take the mickey with my tongue-in-cheek response, as I say I agree with your basic argument, I jsut couldn't resist the urge to spout some nonsensical garbage. :)

Genoa has the best director in the game atm (20 in all skills it seems). What happens when you play an italian save is, he will basically try to sign all your best players, and since hes a demi-god (in game), he will succeed. The Genoa director bug is afaik a known bug, and will be fixed. What surprises me, is that genoa hasnt already claimed world no.1 team in your save (also a known bug), so you must clearly have cheated :-) Yes the skills of the director IS so important.

Hmmmmm. I think I want to go to Genoa too now.....

I wonder if Barcelona has the same problem, "look boss, I know I get paid a fortune and play in possibly the best team in the world, but I can't help it. I want to sign for Wigan. And so does the rest of the team. Apart from Messi, he has a hankering for Scunthorpe."

That literally has me in tears, hilarious!!!

In answer to the OP, I would imagine Genoa have had a big takeover, ala Man City, I can think of no other reason for vertually all your players to want to go there.

Have you tried setting huge asking prices for your players? That scares them off. And if you receive an article that a club is interested in one of your players - don't respond.

Helps a lot for me. I'm playing with Ajax and have no problem with unsettled players.

Archived