Netbook play fm11

Hi, i intend of having a netbook. quite at least decent for a netbook kinda like a low end laptop.

specs are

11.6 inch HD LED (1366x768)

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

AMD Turion Neo X2 (L625) 1.6GHz processor with 1MB L2 cache

2048MB 667MHz PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM

320GB Serial ATA Hard Drive

or alternatively im looking at the ion 2 graphics or ati 4225.

I need to no if this will be ok. All i know is that the resolution passes but i dont know much about nwtbooks but i have seen some on youtube running it buti dont no how well really.

Please do not suggest something better liek a pc cos i cannt be tired to one place to play such a magnificant game.

I have two laptops already with T9600s and 9600m GT and P7350 GTX 260m which are surplus to that as it is the only game i play consistently. so i want to downgrade to something smaller but enuoght to run the game fluidly.

Any help will be much appreciated as im sure im not the only one that sees the conveneince of a netbook that only needs as much power to play this.

Thanks

I think it would certainly be worthwhile making the game available for netbooks, even a slightly different install patch was available to download the game or something as there's no cd drives. There is a big market for games on netbooks as more and more people are down-sizing to them, and the netbooks themselves are not too far behind the low spec laptops now either. Your main problem (on previous versions of FM) was the screen resolution of the netbook itself. But one with 1366x768 should be more then adequate it's whether or not the rest of the spec is enough, what make/model netbook is it?

I think it would certainly be worthwhile making the game available for netbooks, even a slightly different install patch was available to download the game or something as there's no cd drives. There is a big market for games on netbooks as more and more people are down-sizing to them, and the netbooks themselves are not too far behind the low spec laptops now either. Your main problem (on previous versions of FM) was the screen resolution of the netbook itself. But one with 1366x768 should be more then adequate it's whether or not the rest of the spec is enough, what make/model netbook is it?

Hey thanks for a constructive reply. that particular model is the lenovo x100e with 11.6 inch screen. Although i dont mind the asus with a 10 inch screen that has ion 2 graphics which is twice as strong than ati 3200

Running it on a netbook shouldn't be a problem if a slightly toned down version is produced... leave out the 3D graphics and backgrounds etc, even leave out sound etc as there isn't much need for it. Wouldn't take too much I wouldn't have though to produce a "lesser" version like they did for the iphone app. I would personally get the model with the better resolution HOWEVER wait until the demo is released, and try that first on a friends or something if you can or in-store if you've got a store thats dead without the salesman watching what your doing.

I don't know if you're open to suggestions, but I'm going to make one anyway. Have you considered the Alienware M11x Gaming notebook? It's got an 11.6" screen, and is very powerful for its size.

yea i did see the alienware but didnt want that kinda power as i want a seperate laptop withmore power than what i got for gaming. ot those who think they will only get 2 hours or so battery life shud get more cos my lapto get me about 2 and if im just browing then its about 3hrs

yea i did see the alienware but didnt want that kinda power as i want a seperate laptop withmore power than what i got for gaming. ot those who think they will only get 2 hours or so battery life shud get more cos my lapto get me about 2 and if im just browing then its about 3hrs

My dad's Netbook lasts 5-6 Hrs with FM. But its terribly slow tho. My laptop runs for 2 hrswith FM.

lol i needed to know. how long ago you buy it?

My dad bought it sometime in last year. He was out on a trip so i don't know about it much.

I don't use it at all. my bro does sometimes as he isn't allowed to touch my laptop. :p

lol ok. yea hemight of just had absoc one. plus its a yea old so theprocessor is weak if he only wanted to browse. im aiming specifically for as much perfromance by having a duall core n550 with ion 2 graphics or something not intel.

lol enuogh power to hope to have 3d match in low settings. if anyonedoes manage to get a netbook andplay fm11 needsto report back here.

Archived