I cant win :-(

Stormed the Championship, with Reading, in my 2nd season and went up to the Premier with high hopes of avoiding relegation but after 14 games i have only recorded 3pts :(

I don't have a big transfer budget so had to rely on loans, managed to get N'Gog and Craig Cathcart on loan and added a fairly decent left back but no tactic seems to be working....

This isn't a post asking for help on how to win, just wondered whether you lot think i should throw in the towel and let someone else help my beloved Reading avoid relegation or stick it out until i get the sack?!

Stormed the Championship, with Reading, in my 2nd season and went up to the Premier with high hopes of avoiding relegation but after 14 games i have only recorded 3pts :(

I don't have a big transfer budget so had to rely on loans, managed to get N'Gog and Craig Cathcart on loan and added a fairly decent left back but no tactic seems to be working....

This isn't a post asking for help on how to win, just wondered whether you lot think i should throw in the towel and let someone else help my beloved Reading avoid relegation or stick it out until i get the sack?!

Just go down and use the money to build a better team. I try to stick with the tactic that got me promoted and not add to many players or if I do a quality players for me(always some on frees). If you go down youll be one of the better teams if you can keep players and keep morale good enough. Sign young quality players and frees and you should go back up hopefully. Have a look at the board expectations. If they say attempt to avoid relegation, then you shouldnt get sacked.

Stick it out. When mananging Birmingham I had a dreadful start to the Prem. I was bottom of the table and had only picked up something like 12 points at Christmas. But then I managed to turn it around but we still got relegated just finishing on something like 42 points. Never give up. :thup:

Well i started with my trusty 4-4-2 that got me promoted, using the pace on the wings of Kebe and McAnuff but this season i seem to be opened up too easily at the back - so i could score 2 or 3 in a game but lose 5 or 6 in return.....so i tried a 5-4-1 formation and it helped but now i dont score and still lose (only be 1 or 2 nil though)

Will look at my ass man, might be time to replace him - cheers

Kebe is probably my most consistent player but Everton are sniffing around but so far haven't put in a bid.....currently valued at £4.5m so might have to cash in if i go down

Thinking bout it, its probably due to my wingers being so far up the pitch that i'm letting in the goals, so will have a look at that tonight...............will report back!!!

Keep at it mate,maybe tweak your tactics to counter as you are doing so bad and play with narrow width so you condense the middle of the pitch. Use some pace up front and don't be afraid to drop the good players when they don't perform.

I did with my team and next game we won 7-0 and I found a couple of stars that season.

Never played higher than League 1 so my advice may not be appropriate. Currently playing LLM in Italian league with a bunch of no hopers, however, am now top of the league after changing tactics to a narrow 4-4-2 Diamond . By having a good creative AMC at the top of the diamond and lightening fast strikers, have had success playing in behind the defence with plenty of through balls. If you can get a couple of half decent wing backs then they can support the attacks. Not sure it would work in the Prem but you never know

Archived