Database Size?

S2008

Having been living under a rock for the past few months I only just realised that the star system within the database doesnt work. Now I have a Laptop with 2GB RAM and an Itel Dual Core processor (2Ghz) and I was wondering how many players would make a sensible database. Some help would be Useful and much appreciated.

Thanks

S2008

To get a larger database, you can try loading more leagues or selecting custom in the database panel at the bottom and loading all players from certain countries, leagues or continents.

As for me I have a 1/2 star laptop apparently and it runs at a good speed with 37 leagues and 65000 players on a large database.

A bigger database means that save games will take slightly longer to save & load, but I think the extra 10 seconds is worth it in order to get the best regens and best current players from around the world. If you care about what leagues I am running then:

Argentina - 2nd division +

Austria - First Division +

Bulgaria - "B" Group +

China - Superleague

England - BSN/S +

France - CFA +

Germany Third Division +

Ireland - First Division +

Mexico - Promotion League +

Russia - First League +

Scotland - Third Division +

South Africa - Premier League

Spain - Second Division B +

Poland - First Division +

Portugal - Liga Sagres

* All league folowed with a plus sign mean that I loaded all leagues in that country. I also loaded all Serbian, Bosnian and Croatian top level players, as well as all national players for the Netherlands Antilles.

I am going for an lllm save which explains the huge database size at least. Plus my softspot for NA means that I'll follow their progress as they tumble out of all competitions...

Thanks for the replies everyone. As people have mentioned I think I'll just get on with the game at a higher setting than 30k players

If you're planning for a quick FM10 game till FM11 arrives, then you're good with a database of 30-40K players. But this is my opinion though. :)

Archived