"Wants a new challenge"

Have you been in the Champions League before?

If not wait until the season update & until you get drawn in the Champions League and some/all of them should settle down.

If they still want a new challenge then start planning to replace them.

I have been on/off CL team, not regular. New season is all ready started.

Just want to know what is causing this problem.

Bad captain(low influence)?

Its to do with their personality.

End of the day they've just become bored playing in the same competitions all the time and want a change of scenery.

Unless there are other competitions to aim for I find the best idea is to just plan to replace them and let them move on.

Its to do with their personality.

End of the day they've just become bored playing in the same competitions all the time and want a change of scenery.

Unless there are other competitions to aim for I find the best idea is to just plan to replace them and let them move on.

Just personality? Hmm. All these players have dissimilar personalities.

Most players unless they get your club under their favourites will eventually want a new challenge after a certain amount of years at a club. For me, if I buy a player 16, or 17, he wants a new challenge by 24 usually, at which point I can keep him a few more season by offering him a new contract once or twice every year with more money.

Sometimes you just have to take it on the chin and let them go. I had a newgen who was at my club for 16 years and wanted a new challenge for 4 years before his contract expired. I tried everything to keep him, including 250k a week, 15million signing bonus, 50k appearance bonus, the works, he'd notched up 60 career trophies with France and Chelsea and that contract would have made him a rich man. Unfortunately he wasnt to be persuaded and left for free to Valencia. The worst thing was I cancelled a 70 million move to Man City 5 months before he signed for Valencia in the desperate hope I could convince him to stay.

Though this seems to be a one off. When I usually get this, I just offer new contracts out.

I have the same problem with my best player who I value at 30 million. He has been trying to go for a sesason now but no one has shown an interest in him yet even thou the news section always say madrid or Barca are looking at him.

It happens so let them go for the best fees you can and re build

I have the same problem with my best player who I value at 30 million. He has been trying to go for a sesason now but no one has shown an interest in him yet even thou the news section always say madrid or Barca are looking at him.

It happens so let them go for the best fees you can and re build

That's the worst, when they want a new challenge and nobody's really interested in offering it to them.

I don't think it's that

eg. Vela was unhappy (so being an English club and one of my best players decided to sell him overseas)

Vela doesn't think that a move to spain/italy (tried both) would be a good career choice

So where does he go???? ----- Liverpool

Same friggin competitions (unless he wants to win the Europa league) hahahaha

EDIT: his unhappiness started when Mourinho (manager of man city) decided to declare interest

Do nothing. Their performance doesn't get worse (at least it rarely has for me) but you'll need to sell them in their last summer of contract if you want money from them.

However, to avoid this in future: If you ever see a player with a slight concern about wanting to move or wanting a new challenge, sign them to a new contract, even if they've just signed one.

Don't know if you only get one shot either, but just accept their terms without negotiating to be safe (contract length permitting, no point if they just want a one year contract).

• 1 month later...
Do nothing. Their performance doesn't get worse (at least it rarely has for me) but you'll need to sell them in their last summer of contract if you want money from them.

However, to avoid this in future: If you ever see a player with a slight concern about wanting to move or wanting a new challenge, sign them to a new contract, even if they've just signed one.

Don't know if you only get one shot either, but just accept their terms without negotiating to be safe (contract length permitting, no point if they just want a one year contract).

Offering new contract when they "May want a new challenge in future" only buys time, 6 months and after that you have to offer another new contract. :thdn:

At the moment 2 of my star players are on loan. Nobony wanted to sign them cos my demand was too high. Interesting to see if they want new challenge after a year in other club. :confused:

Archived