Are SI going to get headers right?

It seems defenders win virtually all headers to prevent double figure scorelines, this means nearly all headers from an attacker go over unless hes totally free and you get endless games of head tennis.

Not sure how they could fix it though without getting 9-7 scores every week.

Jumping is being reviewed for FM11, so let's hope they improve aerial play in FM11.

I'm more annoyed at the one that are too weak and the ball just falls to the goalies feet.

IMO thats realistic enough not many headers go on target IRL.

Agree fully with this. I have complete faith that SI model the game correctly so realistic headed goal volumes are scored... but those not scored just feel tame.

I hope they do fix it for FM11, it was quite bad on FM10, especially in patch 10.3. It was much worse if you only played with one striker, but still, you could have the two best wingers on the game crossing for the best header of the ball and you still wouldn't score a realistic number of headed goals. It's not only headers though, volleys are just as rare, how many times have you scored the goal that Fletcher got v Everton last weekend? I wouldn't bet on many.

Archived