FM 2011 Ram advice

wazza

My computers motherboard fried at the weekend so I have just bought a new computer I luckily managed to get my save game off of the old hard drive and am continuting playing it. The new computer specs are Processor: Intel Core i 3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz, 3066 mhz, 2 core(s) logical, 3 GB DDR 3 RAM, Inel HD graphics (core i3).

This seems to run my FM 2010 save very well I have been playing with a large database with the following leagues running USA (MLS only), England (Blue square north /south and above, Italy (C2 and above), Northern Ireland (2nd Div and above), Scotland (3rd Div and above), Span (Liga Adelante and above), Spain (Prem div only) and Wales (Princippally Welsh Prem only).

I was informed or maybe misinformed a while ago that FM is a RAM game and the more you have the better the experience. Is this true as I was thinking of further updating the RAM to 8 GB and wondered how many leagues from peoples experience do you think I would be able to play if I did update and secondly would it be worth the money in doing so to enhance the game experience,

2.1 GHz processor

4gb RAM

64 bit Win7

How big a database would you suggest i could run?

I have those specs and can run 90 leagues (~125k players) no problem. Currently in 2020, approaching 2021 in my career game. I think 100 wouldn't be much of a problem either.

I have those specs and can run 90 leagues (~125k players) no problem. Currently in 2020, approaching 2021 in my career game. I think 100 wouldn't be much of a problem either.

Oh right i usually only have a few leagues playable, it think i pay too much attention to the estimated performance

8GB would be a waste if it's just for FM as it will only use up to 4GB. I don't think you'd see a difference in speed but it may help with loading more leagues.

Those of us that might have FM + Chrome (10+ tabs), winamp playing, Visual Studio 2010 and MS SQL Studio Express and such open might very well need more than 4 GB ;)

Oh right i usually only have a few leagues playable, it think i pay too much attention to the estimated performance

The star system doesn't work. Confirmed by SI.:thup:

And AFAIK Speed is CPU dependent and No of league is RAM dependent. If RAM is less than required for the number of league you are playing, it will slow down. :o

So i dont have to start a new thread, is Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M gonna be good enough for football manager 2011?

Ofcourse It will be good enough for FM 3D mode. I could run it on 915G(Intel's first GFX) & X3100(3rd). Yours is 5th IIRC.

So i dont have to start a new thread, is Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M gonna be good enough for football manager 2011?

It'll definitely be able to run 3d, but like ChangNio said, Intel graphics cards aren't the best. I recommend getting something from Nvidia or Ati that has a bit of dedicated memory.

New intel Gfx cards do have dedicated memory, and he would have a new intel Gfx card with that lappy

On my new lappy I run FM on the highest settings perfectly and smoothly, I have 1.2 gb of ram dedicated to it's use

Sometimes I wonder if people actually have used hardware before they go about knocking it

My comp is 4 year old now. In fact its probably its 4th birthday this month. Getting on a bit.

Its 4gb ram but is only 32bit. Does that mean it doesnt use it all.

Its a dual core 2.4.

I'm starting to get worried it may not be able to handle the new ones anymore although FM10 was ok.

My comp is 4 year old now. In fact its probably its 4th birthday this month. Getting on a bit.

Its 4gb ram but is only 32bit. Does that mean it doesnt use it all.

Win 7 - All good

Others - Only 3.5 GB

Its a dual core 2.4.

I'm starting to get worried it may not be able to handle the new ones anymore although FM10 was ok.

If FM10 works FM11 probably will. even if you have to reduce 1 or 2 leagues. :thup:

If you were to upgrade to run every league and huge amounts of players (and fast). What would you need and how much would it cost around? Or would I be better off scrapping it.

If you were to upgrade to run every league and huge amounts of players (and fast). What would you need and how much would it cost around? Or would I be better off scrapping it.

You need to mention exact details for any help on that(Esp. CPU). :thup:

4GB RAM is enough for running every league, if you dont run too much in the background. :)

I can't. Fm10 I had about 12-15 nations going down to the lowest leagues and about 100,000 players I think and it struggled after a few years if I remember right. Ideally I would like at least double that.

I might try more players loaded but less leagues this year.

I can't. Fm10 I had about 12-15 nations going down to the lowest leagues and about 100,000 players I think and it struggled after a few years if I remember right. Ideally I would like at least double that.

I might try more players loaded but less leagues this year.

Looks like you are impatient :). Tone down the number of player to 70,000 by doing :

Load International players from all "CONTINENTS" produces great and balanced regens and keeps international teams from loaded leagues from dominating too much.

Loading leagues as View-Only(most underrated feature IMO) will not slow down too much, but will add lot of financial stability and will make continental cups more competitive.

Archived