Midnight Shop Openings

I was just wondering whether anybody has purchased FM at a midnight shop opening.

With steam doing FM11 for an inflated price of £39.99, I am considering this approach this year.

Does anyone know which shops will offer this service? (Especially in East Anglia)

When will i know that certain shops are offering the service?

i seem to recall here in Stafford anyway i saw a sign outside Game that they were opening midnight for the release of the new Halo game, first time Ive seen this around Stafford.

As to knowing which shops would possibly open at this time i would guess you would have to go and ask the shops themselves really

Last year Tesco were open and sold the game from many of their stores. If you have a large supermarket nearby that is open 24 hours and sells PC games then that would be a good bet. I'm not sure many stores will open at midnight for FM11 to be honest.

Coming from Australia, I don't like my chances of seeing a midnight release, so I'll just have to get it the day after.

It would be a different atmosphere to the other midnight releases that I hear about . . . for games like WoW, I think of people emerging from their caves with scruffy beards to get their next fix for a year or two, but for Football Manager, for some strange reason, I think of well dressed individuals in suits and ties lined up orderly for their next strategic experience.

Would be an interesting atmosphere . . .

Tesco.

If you have a 24 hour store near you, go there.

They probably wont have FM11 on the shelf at dead on midnight, but all you have to do is ask someone and they will kindly get one from out back.

Me and my mate went there last year for our copies, didn't see it on the shelf and the guy said he had seen a load out back ready to put on the shelfs in the morning. He grabbed us a couple copies and it was all fun and games from there!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived