Probably the best 17 year old I've seen in my game thus far...

His physicals look poor, but get his strength up and he'll be a fb targetman. He's also good enough that a little bit of neglecting to train other areas won't do his ability much harm overall.

If he's got good potential then there's nothing stopping his strength getting well past 15/16.

Not all world-class strikers rely on pace, do they? With his mental ability he'd be well suited to a support role, while his ability in the air could make him an excellent targetman. Neither of those roles rely on pace, but technical ability and reading of the game.

I'll give you an example...it's what I like to call the evolution of derek welsh:

DerekWelchat14-1.png

Think his mental attributes look "dodgy" ?

Look at him now:

Picture2-23.png

World class midfielder.

And I know he was younger but this is just to show what proper training and playing time can do...

Positioning isn't the most important attribute for any striker. Positioning is most crucial for defenders. You want a good support striker to anticipate situations well, create chances, work for and with his team, decide on the right passes and concentrate and be composed with the ball comes to him.

Take a look at this thread. One of my youngsters increased his strength from 7 to 16 (and has now infact risen to 17), and has become a hugely well rounded player. His technical ability has risen where it matters, as have his mentals.

Easier to improve mentals. Besides I'm in 2037 I've brought through enough youngsters to know what I'm doing. Hershie the fact you made a thread about that guy shows how unusual an increase of 9 is in strength.

It's really not that unusual to see an increase of 6-8 points though, as I'm sure you can find many examples of. I started the thread because it wasn't something I'd paid attention to the significance of previously and happened to notice. :)

Picture1-52.png

Unbelievable... and since he's only 17 he still has a lot of time to develop his physical attributes.

i've seen heaps that have better attributes than this guy, i'm currently in holiday mode till end of season, come June 24th, I will put up a screenshot of some newgen alot better

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn397/senturasx/7TomLee-2.png <---- this 1 I saw in another thread

I'm in 2073 so I probably know a bit more then you my friend.

Otherwise I woudn't have turned this guy into this guy.

I could give you examples all day long.

It's not hard to train players up, 1 of the easiest things in the game to do, just give the guy regular games in your 1st team and re-train him in other positions his isn't accomplished at yet.

It's not hard to train players up, 1 of the easiest things in the game to do, just give the guy regular games in your 1st team and re-train him in other positions his isn't accomplished at yet.

I'd say a personalized training schedule and the right tutoring is much more important.

I never waste time retraining players. It's not worth it.

The standard misguided reply

Well I've had bad experiences with strikers who are fantastic, but lack speed. Could be just my tactics. This is the best example of that:

http://i54.tinypic.com/24b7l3c.jpg

Obviously you'll have to take my word for it that he was any good. (And a striker looking at his scoring record) But seriously this guy was incredible, apart from the fact that he had about 11/12 for pace. He was really tall and strong as well, but because of that lack of pace, he had about three good seasons. Oh and in 23 games for England, only 2 goals.

EDIT: Just remembered this other guy playing for Arsenal. Fairly good striker, but a bit lacking in pace.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2qu20pt.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/2repd7o.jpg

I absolutely love how this 'Badass_' guy is so contradictive.

In another regen thread from a couple days ago, he posted this *click*.

Now that he has found a regen, he posts a new bragging thread instantly.

--

So, really... another thread like this?

I absolutely love how this 'Badass_' guy is so contradictive.

In another regen thread from a couple days ago, he posted this *click*.

Now that he has found a regen, he posts a new bragging thread instantly.

--

So, really... another thread like this?

LOL. Love the way you follow everything Ty. :D

I'm in 2073 so I probably know a bit more then you my friend.

Otherwise I woudn't have turned this guy into this guy.

I could give you examples all day long.

I hate to be critical, but that guy could have been so much better if you'd focused on the physicals more. He's lost not gained any pace or acceleration since he was 18 and he can't jump despite having heading 20.

The technical stats are quite simply overkill.

He looks good, but personally those physical attributes would put me off a bit.

This 16 year old kid is the best i have seen when it comes to potential.

walcott.jpg

And this is him 2 years later, a year after scoring 27 goals in 33 games whilst on loan at Marseille.

walcott18.jpg

Archived