Player looking to move LOL

I'm in 3rd season topping the table in EPL by 1 point with Newcastle. Also playing in Euro Cup and doing well.

Apparently given the interest from Sunderland (20th in EPL) Gabriel Torje owes it to himself to move to a big club like Sunderland and would certainly consider any offer they made him.

1. They suck (Sold their keeper)

2. They suck (9 points from 24 games so far)

3. They are broke and want to pay 550k plus incentives.

Everyone has their pet peeve about FM and this is mine. Players unrealistically wanting to move to a bigger club that's terrible and isn't bigger.

I agree. In dafuge's challenge, michaeltmurrayuk is consistently winning Champions League and/or the Premier League and all of his players are deserting him for a bigger club or silverware, or a new challenge. It's bonkers.

The calculation of reputation is one of many aspects of the game that needs a total overhall. A bankrupt, relegated Man U still has a higher rep than ELP-winning, Euro Cup winning Leeds United.

Not sure why Sunderland started with a higher rep than Newcastle, though.

Sunderland is now my arch enemy. They keep making bids on various players. I think the rep thing might stem from 1st season... Sunderland somehow finished 4th ahead of Liverpool. I finished 7th. (Was my rebuilding season). So in the 2nd season they played in the champions league and I was in Euro Vase. They got rocked though playing in Europe and finished 12th or so in league. And have been sliding the whole time.

Originally posted by Neji:

I've seen this a few times when you take a smaller team to success. It seems as though the reputation doesn't change quickly enough.

Should 2 years EPL champion of Chelski dislodge the decades of work for Liverpool or Man Utd? I think by taking overall history to calculate into club rep may not be right but you cannot just simply count the recent success either.

Being in a big team isn't always desirable for every player. After winning many trophies, they might want to try to help medium team into a big one.

For Man city, he would probably love Thaksin; I mean his money, to move on. Also Barca don't seem like to retain his service. It's better to go to the team and the fans that value you more.

Why would then the Portugal winger wants to move to a team in CL round of 16, instead of staying with the CL champion, consider they both are their national league champions.

Rather than having reputation change quickly, I think it would be better to lower it's importance.

After all, Fiorentina remained a fairly important club in Italy regardless of their dissolving and rebirth a few years ago. And Juventus are a top club regardless of their Serie B penalty last year.

There should be something like long-term and short-term reputation, meaning a team who is currently doing well should have an advantage over a legendary club which is faltering... but depending on the players, some may prefer playing for big-name clubs, some may prefer playing for clubs currently on form.

Should 2 years EPL champion of Chelski dislodge the decades of work for Liverpool or Man Utd? I think by taking overall history to calculate into club rep may not be right but you cannot just simply count the recent success either.

You say that but to be fair, Chelsea have only been a success recently yet they are attracting the best players in the world to the club.

Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Should 2 years EPL champion of Chelski dislodge the decades of work for Liverpool or Man Utd? I think by taking overall history to calculate into club rep may not be right but you cannot just simply count the recent success either.

You say that but to be fair, Chelsea have only been a success recently yet they are attracting the best players in the world to the club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Roman invited me to his yacht, fed me with the finest food in the world, and gave me five of the world's finest women, i could hardly see anyone refusing...

People go to Chelsea for the MONEY.

I was thinking similar to this only this morning.

In my case I'm Liverpool in January 2013, have done pretty well and have been in the top two every season (except the first season when I finished 3rd and have won it half of those times). Have won the Champions League three times amongst many minor cups.

I have a few youngsters aged 18-20 who, within the next two years, are going to be replacements for the older members of my first team. They are playing quite often at the moment as I want to blood them ready for the changeover but they are unhappy and want to leave the club.

Several of them became unhappy when they came back from loan spells with other lower premier league teams. Before embarking upon their loan, their Squad status was set to Hot Prospect, upon their return it had miraculously changed to Not needed by the club. Why?????? Who knows.

I changed their squad status to rotation when I discovered this (as they were playing a big part in the first team) and they have played a part in at least half (if not more) of the games this season. Halfway through the season and they are still unhappy and want to leave. Others became unhappy at this sort of age when transfer bids were rejected from both smaller and equal clubs.

Where is the option to tell them they are an important part of the future of the club? Surely this would be more important than asking them to recommend a new member of staff (which I personally find ludicrous). icon_confused.gif

The icing on the cake though was my new arrival in the January transfer window, an 18-year old South African winger needing a work permit. I sign him and suggest a loan for work permit purposes (as is required). He accepts this and I confirm his loan to my feeder club within two days of him signing for me. Upon his arrival at the Belgian feeder club, he feels so at home he wants to sign for them and hopes they will make the loan permanent. Furtherly icon_confused.gif . Utter tosh and nonsense.

There are many more examples of this kind that I see all the time which ruin the game for me.

In my opinion, unless the player personality/media interactions in general can be done in such a way that they make sense, there should be an option to turn them off.

FM08 has been more frustration than fun for me and I have played it far less than any other version of the game. This is due to the way in which new features seem to be added without the depth needed for those areas to flourish.

Player interaction/personalities are very important areas of the game but the way they are at the moment is beyond silly at times and should be either fixed or optional.

Originally posted by Macyst:

Should 2 years EPL champion of Chelski dislodge the decades of work for Liverpool or Man Utd?

Wigan have been in the Premier League for 3 years and will be in it next year.

It wasn't that long ago that Forest and Leeds were in the Champions League.

Which club is the more attractive?

You say that but to be fair, Chelsea have only been a success recently yet they are attracting the best players in the world to the club.

Yet, in the mid-90s they attracted Ruud Gullit, Gianluca Vialli, Marcel Desailly and Gianfranco Zola when they were a mid-table club with nothing like the finances they have now...they were getting on a bit but were still world-class.

If Roman invited me to his yacht, fed me with the finest food in the world, and gave me five of the world's finest women, i could hardly see anyone refusing...

People go to Chelsea for the MONEY.

QPR are apparently the richest club in England. Do you think David Villa would choose QPR or Arsenal (who would probably offer him less)?

Archived