Managers setting in editor

Sly419

I was wondering if someone could tell me how the managers profile in the editor effects his tactics in the game? I know the obvious ones like Attacking trend, directness etc...but some of the others are less obvious. I'm trying to create some managers in the game (FM08) who are not present but i also need to put in their tactics and it would be really useful to know what each setting does

This is my interpretation of them:

• Attacking - how attacking they are i.e. mentality
  • Depth - how deep they play i.e. defensive line
  • Determination - how determined they are
  • Directness - their passing style i.e. 20 would probably be long ball
  • Flamboyancy - do their team play stylish football like Arsenal for example or play methodical football and so on
  • Flexibility - how flexible they are to making changes to their system
  • Free Roles - do they allow certain players to have free roles or do they want all players to stick to their system
  • Marking - higher here means man marking, I think and lower means zonal
  • Offside - do they play the offside trap
  • Pressing - do they close down players or stand off
  • Sitting Back - will they sit back once they have got a lead or keep trying to score more goals
  • Tactical Knowledge - how good they are at tactics
  • Tempo - do they play a quick or slow tempo
  • Use of Playmaker - do they use a playmaker or not
  • Use of Subs - how much they use their subs i.e. 1 would mean they rarely make tactical substitutions especially early in the match
  • Width - how wide their team plays

Yeah this is the sort of thing i was on about...see the ones in particular i was confused about were Marking, Free Roles, Sitting Back, Offside as i didn't see how the effect tactics. The curious thing for me would be how these numbers then change when they are away from home or defending a lead because im guessing it wouldn't stay the same

With "Use of Subs", I've always wondered whether it is quantity or quality.

I am almost certain it is quantity. Anotherwards how frequently and early in matches they make subs.

Playmaker is the same as far as I know. How likely there are to use one.

It is similar to buying players from the non tactical attributes meaning how frequently they buy players not how good they are at it.

I am almost certain it is quantity. Anotherwards how frequently and early in matches they make subs.

Playmaker is the same as far as I know. How likely there are to use one.

It is similar to buying players from the non tactical attributes meaning how frequently they buy players not how good they are at it.

Great. Out of the ones you listed above, which ones are tactical attributes and which ones are personality attributes you think?

Great. Out of the ones you listed above, which ones are tactical attributes and which ones are personality attributes you think?

Well, they are all tactical attributes of the manager i.e. his tactical preferences so they are to do with personality. Presumably Arsene Wenger for example would have a high flamboyancy attribute.

Im sure Depth would be something to do with the size of their squad and not their defensive line preferences.

I would not think so as it is included in tactical attributes in the editor. If what you say was so then it would be in the non-tactical section. There is also an entry in the tendecies section that determine how big their squad is.

Archived