8.02 Al Superkeeper V mine who now doesn't move!!

Ok ok, I have only played one match with the patch and it was away to Barcelona and yes before anyone says anything "it's probably my tactics"!! which worked very well in 8.01 but....

I have 22 shots on goal with 12 on target to Barca's 15 with 8 on target and I lose 4-1...

Every shot I have bar the one their keeper leaps gracefully to his left and right to save and the times he doesn't my usually quality strikers in Ashton and Briand hit the corner flag! Yet 4 Barca efforts without much power sneak in past Robert Green who from being quality now just stands in the centre of the goal admiring the effort. icon_mad.gif

Anyone else experience this?

Ok ok, I have only played one match with the patch and it was away to Barcelona and yes before anyone says anything "it's probably my tactics"!! which worked very well in 8.01 but....

I have 22 shots on goal with 12 on target to Barca's 15 with 8 on target and I lose 4-1...

Every shot I have bar the one their keeper leaps gracefully to his left and right to save and the times he doesn't my usually quality strikers in Ashton and Briand hit the corner flag! Yet 4 Barca efforts without much power sneak in past Robert Green who from being quality now just stands in the centre of the goal admiring the effort. icon_mad.gif

Anyone else experience this?

I just installed patch and also only played one game, Rooney just got a cold in december 2014. I know for a fact that it is very probable that Rooney does not get a cold in december 2014. Untill a patch fixes this I refuse to play.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TFS:

I just installed patch and also only played one game, Rooney just got a cold in december 2014. I know for a fact that it is very probable that Rooney does not get a cold in december 2014. Untill a patch fixes this I refuse to play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope thats a joke

And to the thread starter...give it a few more games theres a good chance it was just because you were playing a team like barcelona.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sussex Hammer:

Anyone else experience this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were the Barcelona goals scored from a position either to the left or right of the net (as opposed to centre-on) if you know what I mean? A lot of the goals that I've seen scored so far on 8.02 have been like that, whereas on 8.01 there was no chance. So far, I'm pleased with how defending/scoring has been re-worked I I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scottnmcleod:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TFS:

I just installed patch and also only played one game, Rooney just got a cold in december 2014. I know for a fact that it is very probable that Rooney does not get a cold in december 2014. Untill a patch fixes this I refuse to play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope thats a joke </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err, no, he did really get a cold. I would give you a screenshot for evidence but I've wiped FM from my pc forever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sussex Hammer:

Ok ok, I have only played one match with the patch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And already you complain!?! icon_confused.gif

I played almost an entire season with the new patch today, and I'm very happy with how the matches look now.

You had more shots, but are your strikers also world class?

Having a few more shots against world class teams isn't always enough to claim a victory.

Most of the matches i had turned out in favor of the dominating team, and only a few went the other way.

I'm not claiming this soon that the match engine is perfect, but after playing 11 hours in row, i do dare to say FM08 is the best version ever now.

Have at least a few more matches before posting claims you cannot backup by experience! icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Were the Barcelona goals scored from a position either to the left or right of the net (as opposed to centre-on) if you know what I mean? A lot of the goals that I've seen scored so far on 8.02 have been like that, whereas on 8.01 there was no chance. So far, I'm pleased with how defending/scoring has been re-worked I I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two from wide, one from centre and one from a corner that all my players stood and watched..

For the sarcastic few I was not having a whine merely pointing this out. Yes, it may well be that Barcelona's players finishing stats may be higher, but I am merely concerned because my keeper did not move at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scottnmcleod:

Err, no, he did really get a cold. I would give you a screenshot for evidence but I've wiped FM from my pc forever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

soo you quit because rooney got a cold? wtf, whats so strange about it, december is a cold month and you quit cos a player got a cold??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but are your strikers also world class? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Briand's the best striker in the game isn't he? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Man utd will exchange Rooney and C.Ronaldo for him. icon_wink.gif

I wouldn't accept and negotiate to add Teves. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Were the Barcelona goals scored from a position either to the left or right of the net (as opposed to centre-on) if you know what I mean? A lot of the goals that I've seen scored so far on 8.02 have been like that, whereas on 8.01 there was no chance. So far, I'm pleased with how defending/scoring has been re-worked I I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two from wide, one from centre and one from a corner that all my players stood and watched..

For the sarcastic few I was not having a whine merely pointing this out. Yes, it may well be that Barcelona's players finishing stats may be higher, but I am merely concerned because my keeper did not move at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were the ones from wider areas power shots? I ask this coz that's what I'm seeing quite a fair bit. I saw Drogba hit probably the fastest moving shot I've ever seen on FM from the right hand edge of my penalty area - it rocketed straight into the bottom corner! I was quite impressed icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bluehefner:

Err, no, he did really get a cold. I would give you a screenshot for evidence but I've wiped FM from my pc forever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

soo you quit because rooney got a cold? wtf, whats so strange about it, december is a cold month and you quit cos a player got a cold?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow.....

Just...wow..........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No such thing as a "Super Keeper", it's the great FM myth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My 17 year old GK for Umea FC is fairly super. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bluehefner:

You are Father Dougal, and I claim my £5.

soo you quit because rooney got a cold? wtf, whats so strange about it, december is a cold month and you quit cos a player got a cold?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are father Dougal, and I claim my £5.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just installed patch and also only played one game, Rooney just got a cold in december 2014. I know for a fact that it is very probable that Rooney does not get a cold in december 2014. Untill a patch fixes this I refuse to play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we should have a collection of classic posts. this should be on the top

Archived