anyone thrown a match on purpose

im playing as liverpool and have managed to win the last two seasons premiership. i was on my way to opening a 10 point gap at the top of the table and my next game was against spurs, my closest rivals in 2nd place.

i was 2-1 up after 70 minutes but didn't really want to open such a gap, so i cahnged my 4411 formation to a 0244 formation (no defenders) and put walcott in goal. we lost 3-2. now the gap is only 4 points.

sometimes i think its too easy to win again once you start winning things.

im playing as liverpool and have managed to win the last two seasons premiership. i was on my way to opening a 10 point gap at the top of the table and my next game was against spurs, my closest rivals in 2nd place.

i was 2-1 up after 70 minutes but didn't really want to open such a gap, so i cahnged my 4411 formation to a 0244 formation (no defenders) and put walcott in goal. we lost 3-2. now the gap is only 4 points.

Thats extreme. however if you win the leaue it doesnt matter but if you dont i dont think the fans will be happy.

I threw a game in my last game of the season in my current Sunderland save.

I was in 8th place, couldnt get any higher and couldnt finish any lower. I was playing Liverpool on the last day of the season. They were 5th and needed to win to qualify for the CL. (Being a Liverpool fan, this had to be done)

They comfortably won the game as I sent out the kids.

Now here's the funny bit...

Due to this I managed to qualify for the Europa Lg with an 8th place finish, due to Man United winning the Europa Lg and finishing 5th (the team that Liverpool leapfrogged into 4th)

Had I beaten Liverpool on that final day, United would have finished 4th and qualified for the CL and I would not have qualified for the Europa.

I did not know this going into the last day of the season! Lucky for me!

What an odd situation though, if you win a game you dont get the Europa place, if you lose you do!

Wow - I would never have the guts to do such a thing. Id need every single 1 of those 10 points to feel anywhere near secure (I have a tendancy to blow it!)

Quite often I put out weak sides in the domestic cups, but I always look to win the match.

I've only ever deliberately lost a match once. It was the final match in my Champions League group and I had already qualified top. By deliberately losing the match I was able to knock the holders (Inter) out of the competition. It felt a bit naughty at the time but they got their own back the following year by knocking me out.

I don't know if this counts as throwing, but once i've won the league and there is games left, I remove all first team players (let them go on holiday early or rest before chmapions league final) and just play kids. Lose alot of games but atleast my young ones get experiance and can sometimes boost their training alot. Right now, played 8 games with kids, major improvements already

Archived