Cm 03/04

chob

Hi guys, I decided it would be good to go back to one of the older games and have another bash at it, i chose CM 03/04.

I can barely remember playing this but i did buy it all those years ago.

Does anyone have any tips that they can remember for this game?

I've started as Leeds.

Thanks.

I used to love that game, i've spent more hours on that game than any other CM/FM and i was still playing on it inbetween FM untill about 2 years ago.

Sign Freddy Adu, Leroy Lita is a good buy from Bristol City, Robert Earnshaw is imense. Loan Richie Partridge from Liverpool and sign Lionel Morgan (class winger) and Nigel Reo Coker (quality cm) on the cheap from Wimbledon when they go into receivership (which is normally quite soon).

That's who i can remember of the top of my head. :thup:

I used to love that game, i've spent more hours on that game than any other CM/FM and i was still playing on it inbetween FM untill about 2 years ago.

Sign Freddy Adu, Leroy Lita is a good buy from Bristol City, Robert Earnshaw is imense. Loan Richie Partridge from Liverpool and sign Lionel Morgan (class winger) and Nigel Reo Coker (quality cm) on the cheap from Wimbledon when they go into receivership (which is normally quite soon).

That's who i can remember of the top of my head. :thup:

You serious? Never played CM03/04.

Pace Pace Pace.

haha i love fast player's! If that's directed towards the players i posted, sorry if not.

But as you can tell, i love speedy players, always have. :thup:

Even now on FM pace is one of the first things i look at when looking at a player.

Speed is top asset for any position they can recover quick after making a mistake, and speed is difficult to defend against. :D

I used to love the earlyu CM series, you used to be able to power through the seasons. Matt Etherington and Simon Davies were always pretty decent signings if they are still at Petereborough.

As Aaron Armstrong says above, pace is vitally important and if you can pair that with dribbling you pretty much have an unstoppable player. There also used to be a good Spanish striker called Changui who could be found on the cheap at Deportivo and summed this up perfectly.

I hope I have got the right year of CM in my head

Oh, are Leeds in the Premier League on CM03/04? I was still thinking that they are a League 1/ Championship side, i was suggesting top players for the Championship.

Although i think Morgan and Reo Coker are shouts for the future, and Robert Earnshaw as sick stats if i remember correct, so i think he could be a good buy from Cardiff too. :thup:

I used to love the earlyu CM series, you used to be able to power through the seasons. Matt Etherington and Simon Davies were always pretty decent signings if they are still at Petereborough.

As Aaron Armstrong says above, pace is vitally important and if you can pair that with dribbling you pretty much have an unstoppable player. There also used to be a good Spanish striker called Changui who could be found on the cheap at Deportivo and summed this up perfectly.

I hope I have got the right year of CM in my head

This guy?

changui.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oh, are Leeds in the Premier League on CM03/04? I was still thinking that they are a League 1/ Championship side, i was suggesting top players for the Championship.

Although i think Morgan and Reo Coker are shouts for the future, and Robert Earnshaw as sick stats if i remember correct, so i think he could be a good buy from Cardiff too. :thup:

Yeah, it was leeds last season in the prem.

I remember having a tactic that made the most of players pace. I had Garry Hunter (8k from Morecambe) and Supat Rungratsamee (£500k from Portsmouth) up front for Newcastle and dominated everything despite Hunter being generally awful despite his speed.

Add that to Morgan and Reo-Coker from Wimbledon..

That is certainly the guy I was referring too, although in the series when he was brillaint he was pruley at Deportvo, and not on loan. But as you can see he has key stats in pace, acceleration and dribbling. If you played him behind the front man and get him to run with the ball, as I did back in the day, he used to get tons of goals in the Prem. He can be got on the mega cheap too.

Might be better out there though as it must have been the CM game after this one that I was referring too.

That is certainly the guy I was referring too, although in the series when he was brillaint he was pruley at Deportvo, and not on loan. But as you can see he has key stats in pace, acceleration and dribbling. If you played him behind the front man and get him to run with the ball, as I did back in the day, he used to get tons of goals in the Prem. He can be got on the mega cheap too.

Might be better out there though as it must have been the CM game after this one that I was referring too.

I could be wrong but im pretty sure this is the last cm before the split to FM.

I might just try him out anyway lol.

maxim tsigalko,

orri freyr oskarsson,

kim-nam il,

jason di tullio,

jean dika,

cherno samba,

ben strevens,

daniel braathen,

lionel morgan,

and

alpay

come to my mind as cheap and good players.

john welsh should be class as well as some guy with the last name barclay, as far as i can remember...

ah and how could i forget oskitz estefania? that guy becomes a beast in the game!

maxim tsigalko,

orri freyr oskarsson,

kim-nam il,

jason di tullio,

jean dika,

cherno samba,

ben strevens,

daniel braathen,

lionel morgan,

and

alpay

come to my mind as cheap and good players.

john welsh should be class as well as some guy with the last name barclay, as far as i can remember...

ah and how could i forget oskitz estefania? that guy becomes a beast in the game!

Lionel Morgan and Cherno Sambo - oh yes, that takes me back!

You serious? Never played CM03/04.

Found this on the net about Lionel Morgan:

Lionel Anthony Morgan (born 17 February 1983) is a former professional footballer who played as a winger for Wimbledon Football Club before injury forced him to retire from the game at the age of just 21.

His career was short but he was believed by those who regularly watched him to be among the most talented young players in the game, and perhaps the best from the prolific production line at Wimbledon. This impression was endorsed by a televised appearance for England Under-19s in which he received the man of the match award and was compared by studio analysts to a young John Barnes.

His first-team debut came on 26 August 2000 in a goalless draw against Watford; the 17-year-old set up a chance from which John Hartson headed against the goalkeeper. He played three more first-team games before breaking his ankle in an under-19 game. He played twice more for the first team at the end of the 2000–01 season, then surgery to knee cartilage damaged in a pre-season friendly caused him to miss the first two months of the 2001–02 season. He made an impressive return to the reserves, and in November 2001 played for England under-19s in a European Championship qualifier against their Georgian counterparts. The match, a 4–1 win, was televised, and Morgan was named by Sky Sports' as man of the match.

He returned to first-team action as a substitute at the end of January 2002. In February, Tottenham Hotspur made an offer of £750,000 for Morgan's services. Manager Terry Burton was unwilling to sell, but the club's reported £20,000-a-day losses prompted chairman Charles Koppel to consider the offer. Koppel was later insistent that Morgan would only leave "at the right price" and the player confirmed he was happy at the club. Meanwhile, Morgan scored for England under-19s in a friendly against Germany, and speculation in the press was that Wimbledon would not reach the play-offs unless Morgan was part of the starting eleven. In March he scored his first senior goal, the only goal of the game against Rotherham United, from a free kick described by acting manager Stuart Murdoch as "Beckham-esque". A few days later he damaged his cruciate ligament against Crewe Alexandra, an injury which required two operations and kept him out of first-team action for seven months.

After scoring in his first league start of the season, he received a call-up to represent England under-20s. He played for the whole match in a 2–0 defeat to Switzerland under-20s. He underwent a knee cartilage operation in January 2003, In his third game back in first-team action, he was forced out of the game with a bruised and lacerated ankle resulting from a foul tackle by Portsmouth's Tim Sherwood; manager Murdoch accused the player of singling Morgan out for rough treatment. In April he underwent further surgery on his knee cartilage.

In June 2003, Wimbledon F.C. went into administration; a proposed transfer to Tottenham, for a fee of £400,000, fell through when Morgan failed the medical, although it was reported that the deal could proceed once the player proved his fitness, but he never regained full fitness again.

Man, this guy suffered. If not for Tottenhams first bid being rejected, or his fragile legs when Tottenhams 2nd bid a few years later was accepted, he could have been playing for Spurs.

Daniel Braathen... the man, the myth, the legend. Back when I knew next to nothing about tactics, I played with three strikers up front-- Mutu, Crespo, and Braathen. Immense front line. Best 'cheat' player ever.

Also, don't forget Jesper Gronkjaer! The Gronk was pretty good in that game.

OMG i used to play with them tactics and wondered why i was beating everyone!!!! i thought genuinely, that i just used good tactics and signed top players.

i remember signing simon davies and richie partridge for celtic and both were simply emmense. sure both cost under 500k as well

Archived