Barcelona Regen Contract FAIL

AJ1

Gunther Reikersdorfer is a 19 year old striker who is currently at Barcelona. He's a bit of a wonderkid, his stats are incredible and he was purchased for 2.5k from some Austrian team the previous season. However while Barcelona are paying Gunther £56,000 p/w they failed to take into account a very important part of his overall contract.

157chvs.jpg

^ His stats are incredible.

2n9xn2p.jpg

^ Ooops, a £1.8m release fee clause

All of this works out nicely for me as im about to steal him away from the mighty Barcelona.

And that is...?

setting a min fee 720 times what they paid for him, yes its low but the AI dont set huge min fees like most human managers do, its an in game calculation.

EDIT: you may be missing my meaning. Im saying that the game is the one thats setting it, not barcelona, as this isnt really barca, its the game, i know your saying irl barca would have messed up, but its a game, by reasoning i mean the games reasoning, not why the club would do this irl

yes but again, this is the game and not real life, it doesnt take into account how the members feel.

I am saying its too low, im just saying i can unserstand the AI setting that min fee. 9 times out of 10 the AI wont adjust the min fee, thats what the player asked for in his contract request so thats what they gave him

This might be a stupid question, but how do you know when a new regen is created by the game? When I see his profile I would know, but I can't check the profiles of all players in the game every day.

You go here

And check through each club of the country on that date in Transfers > History > Youth

That's my exciting way of doing it ;)

I've noticed this in my save game now i'm about 10 years in, but i've not seen one that low yet.

But there is a young lad at Barcelona who is very good and he has a minimum release clause of 12 million, and there is a world class player at Real Madrid who i have recently posted in another thread, who as eight 20's in his attributes and his valuation is £34 million, and he recently signed a new contract which as a minimum release clause of £52 million. XD

Edit: Added pictures:

50042271.jpg

81801995.jpg

43606468.jpg

92255071.jpg

There seems to be a lot of inconsistency when it comes to clubs setting the minimum fee release clauses.

I dont know whether there is a break in the AI logic that determines what the minimum fee release clause should be, but then why does the Barkermush post show that Real Madrid have put in a minimum fee release of £52m which would seem reasonable for a player of that calibre.

Just didn't make sense why barcelona only had a £1.8m release clause, still im not complaining as he has nearly recovered from a shoulder injury and i cant wait to get him in the first team.

Archived