Does this make me an FM addict?

Toadi

I'm currently at work, and generally lurk in a lot of the threads on community.sigames. But I've been craving FM more and more.

In my line of work, there is a lot of sensitive data on all the computers in the office, so security is rather tight, and although they provide everyone with a laptop, they are all encrypted so that you cannot move data via usb etc.

Also, my laptop at home that I used to play FM on, is broken, will only open in safe mode.

So I'm currently using a great old Desktop (very heavy :p) to play FM, and apart from it's inability to run the 3D matches, it runs well.

Anyway. I decided that because my workload is low this week, that I would do this.

I have literally just sneaked down to my car with a post trolley and a big empty box. I took my massive desktop out of my boot, and into the box. I pushed the trolley back and up the lift. Put the desktop in my office behind a filing cabinet, and hooked it up to one of the rarely used monitors (and I'm the only one who accessed the desktop that monitor was previously attached to).

I am now playing FM at work, in my office with both doors locked.

I am currently worried that when evening comes and I'm taking the tower back to my car... if someone stops me and looks in the box and sees me "stealing a desktop tower"...

The question is, would I be the first person arrested for playing FM? :p

Haha!

It's a slow day, but I'm sort of making it slower by procrastinating a little and delegating a LOT!

If only they knew what I was doing instead of me just shouting irritably "IM BUSY!" :p

I think it'd be good if everyone got this oppurtunity... I'm still picking up the phone when it rings, I'm still answering questions when asked. FM isn't like a platformer or something that you need to be massively involved in for 20minutes solid. I can leave it running, or walk off during the inbox/processing screens.

AND I think that it'd be good for office moral to have say, a LAN season going on or something. Not sure I'd suggest it though :p

Just had someone come in, and I almost broke the monitor turning it off!

Ooh. Going for a risky move here. I'm leaving my office for an hour for a meeting. I shall be leaving my desktop tower under the desk, behind the filing cabinet whilst I'm out and HOPE the IT guy doesn't come snooping around for his splitter as he often does :D this is almost as fun as FM itself!

This is very likely... I'm still putting off going to that meeting as it's half time against 1st Placed Histon and I'm 2-1 up. 4 first teamers were injured before the match and I've got no right back! I played a centre back at right back and it failed miserably. My main striker (scored the two) but he's had to come off as he was recovering from an injury anyway. So I'm playing a narrow 3-3-1-3.

Will play this half and go to the meeting, I promise.

Oh, and my Bosses, Bosses Boss is coming to the building in about 2 hours... :D let the fun commence!

EDIT: yay! 3-1 win :D be back soon guys, and hopefully not in the back of a party van!

My bosses bosses boss is now in the room next door. But he seems a pretty cool guy :p

Just hoping I don't have any big matches or a tight cup run or anything :p

"..." "..." "YEAH!!!! GET IN THE GOAL!!! YES!!! WE'RE IN THE 4TH ROUND!""...""yes sir, I'll just pack my bags..." :cool:

What a way to get sacked though eh?

He did just come in (causing me to panic and him to look at me oddly, bullet dodged though!) and he grabbed a tile lifter, started giggling and went off. Since then I've just heard lots of banging and laughing... feels good man :D

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd do it again, it's been fun, but I'm constantly hovering over the monitor power button... but I've had very little work today, and got it all done, so no harm!

Yeah, if I was in a customer fronted environment I definitely wouldn't risk it... unless I was behind a deep reception desk, and the screen was unviewable :p

I feel I've played the game too slowly today as well, so I'll probably take it home and then come work until my FM craving kicks back in again and I have to try another stupid stunt like this. I bought FMH as well to see if that did it, but it's just not the same :p

Wish I could but I play with my back to the boss with her watching over my shoulder. Can barely get on the forums never mind play FM. And it's a pity too as being in IT I've got a laptop, desktop, 3 monitors and a combined 14gig of ram and 8 cores of CPU to mess with :(

Open planned offices stop this happening for me...although in some ways im happy to keep FM at home.... wouldnt want to taint FM with work!

This. This was my biggest problem. I either got right into the game, or I was half playing it, waiting to be asked for help. I'm not good at my job, I'm just incredibly enthusiastic and get a lot done! Turns out I *MAY* be trying this again tomorrow, as I have only 3 visitors, and I've not been home tonight, so unless I want to add an extra 8 miles to my journey, desktop is coming with me to work anyway. Whether I get it out the boot or not is a different story. :p

Toadi are you working in IT/Data Center?

I work in that environment and there are a lot of downtime periods (especially at night and weekends) so get to play it quite often in work. Still have to keep my eye on the camera's!

Couldnt even chance it during the day although a mate of mine plays it on a minimised screen in work on his own system so thats pretty handy

Toadi are you working in IT/Data Center?

I work in that environment and there are a lot of downtime periods (especially at night and weekends) so get to play it quite often in work. Still have to keep my eye on the camera's!

Couldnt even chance it during the day although a mate of mine plays it on a minimised screen in work on his own system so thats pretty handy

It's a service centre, so it's a call centre with privileges :p

I personally work on Facilities though, so I have a great big room to hide myself in, that important people throw themselves through the door into to get me to solve all their problems like I'm some kind of manager or something :p

WOW i just realised... a manager, simulating being a manager, whilst managing... weeeeeeiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrd

The main two issues I have are security: e.g. if they find out I'm moving a desktop around the building they'll be like... erm, no. pack up your things

the other issue is playing a game at work. Although I DO have a lot of downtime, especially with the way things are currently going at work.

Odds are, I probably will drag it up the lift again at some point tomorrow. I often get all my work done easily in the morning anyway. Leaving the afternoon to just answer questions and organise meetings. Today for example (as well as FM!) I researched football kits and training gear for our new company football club.

(just thinking... what are the odds that someone on this forum works at my place, and can figure out who I am. I've given a lot of clues :p)

I have been sorely tempted to take my laptop into a lecture before, get sat on the back row and have a game. I don't think I could contain my delight if we did score, or I'd end up hammering the bench if we got beat or something.

I did used to take it into the uni library if I had a spare hour :D

Ok, I'm at work again, and I'm going to bring the desktop up again within the next hour, as soon as I've got my daily work done. I'm also going to upload a photo I took yesterday of FM on my desk at work, so you know I'm not taking the mickey! (can you upload pics from your iphone to tinypic/photobucket?)

I get too much work unfortunately, being a 9-6 office with about 600 customers (Including ALL local hospitals) I get too much work to consider it (Although someone ringing to let me know their cleaner has unplugged their exchange server - again - is nothing compared to the possibility of finally getting my hands on the FA Cup with Forest :D)

I may have just shouted "Why the hell is everyone getting injured" at just seeing that I currently have 4 first team players out with concussion, Fractured arm, Fractured Wrist and Broken Leg.

Something tells me I may need to take my psycho centre backs out of training with the rest of the squad :p

Also, the meeting room next door went oddly quiet for a few seconds after I shouted.

I swear to god I was like a meerkat in headlights. I sat straight up, strained my eyes in every direction and listened intently to EVERYTHING. I may have also bricked :p

I dont have the means, know-how or guts to play at work. I would have the means, know-how or guts to take a few days of falsified sickness off work ;)

:eek: you're a brave man! If i took too many sick days, I could get the sack!

I get too much work unfortunately, being a 9-6 office with about 600 customers (Including ALL local hospitals) I get too much work to consider it (Although someone ringing to let me know their cleaner has unplugged their exchange server - again - is nothing compared to the possibility of finally getting my hands on the FA Cup with Forest :D)
You should attempt to win the FA Cup with a good East Midlands team like Leicester (not biased in any way at all :cool:)

Sorry Toadi. Theres only one decent East Midlands team and that is Nottm Forest. :D. iAmGory, Keep going.

Sorry Toadi. Theres only one decent East Midlands team and that is Nottm Forest. :D. iAmGory, Keep going.

What are you on about? It's not like you've ever won any major trophies or anything :cool:

Besides, Leicester bring out the best youngsters! Shilton, Lineker, Heskey :p, Mattock (****!), Kirkland, Varney...

Also, the airport is in our county with a derby postcode... you just slapped your name on it cos you wanted to be involved :3

Notts got note on Leics!

hahah Heskey

Heskey's a legend :p would have done better at the world cup than the donkey's Fabio took though... a la Darren 'Im flipping useless' Bent, and Shaun 'Run but don't look' Wright-Phillips and Glen "I'd be better at knitting cos it wouldn't involve my stupid feet' Johnson

Heskey's a legend :p would have done better at the world cup than the donkey's Fabio took though... a la Darren 'Im flipping useless' Bent, and Shaun 'Run but don't look' Wright-Phillips and Glen "I'd be better at knitting cos it wouldn't involve my stupid feet' Johnson

He did take Heskey. :confused:. Im sure he was the guy Fabio sent on when we needed goals. :confused:. In regards to youngsters. Jenas, Dawson, Reid :D.

Yeah, either you're fishing, or forgetful. Heskey continued inability to stay stood up for long periods of time, or supply Rooney with anything meaningful was a fairly major problem. Darren 'Im flipping useless' Bent didn't go.

But I digress from the point of the thread and must apologise :D

He did take Heskey. :confused:. Im sure he was the guy Fabio sent on when we needed goals. :confused:. In regards to youngsters. Jenas, Dawson, Reid :D.
Yeah, either you're fishing, or forgetful. Heskey continued inability to stay stood up for long periods of time, or supply Rooney with anything meaningful was a fairly major problem. Darren 'Im flipping useless' Bent didn't go.

But I digress from the point of the thread and must apologise

Did he actually take Heskey? I thought he only played him in the friendlies running up to it... if I'm wrong I apologise greatly.

And Heskey's inability to stand up when playing football is because Leicester has the most perfect land in the entire world, therefore nobody falls over here, as soon as he goes anywhere else he falls over. It's to be expected :p

On ANOTHER side note, my dad gave Heskey his first ever Red Card! I think it was a Westerby Cup Final at Filbert Street, he was only 17/18.

Back to the original topic (that leicester is better than nottingham) AND that I may have made a slight miscalculation on dates... as there is a surprisingly large amount of board members milling about today... I thought the board meeting was on wednesday... hmm...

Did he actually take Heskey? I thought he only played him in the friendlies running up to it... if I'm wrong I apologise greatly.

And Heskey's inability to stand up when playing football is because Leicester has the most perfect land in the entire world, therefore nobody falls over here, as soon as he goes anywhere else he falls over. It's to be expected :p

On ANOTHER side note, my dad gave Heskey his first ever Red Card! I think it was a Westerby Cup Final at Filbert Street, he was only 17/18.

Back to the original topic (that leicester is better than nottingham) AND that I may have made a slight miscalculation on dates... as there is a surprisingly large amount of board members milling about today... I thought the board meeting was on wednesday... hmm...

Yeah Heskey started the 1st game, even settign up Gerard's goal vs USA. He is good at unsettling defenders and providing for others, but not at gettign goals - so why Capello put him on when we were losing is beggars belief.

Just put your monitor in the centre of the board room and show them your current FM team :)

Yeah Heskey started the 1st game, even settign up Gerard's goal vs USA. He is good at unsettling defenders and providing for others, but not at gettign goals - so why Capello put him on when we were losing is beggars belief.

Just put your monitor in the centre of the board room and show them your current FM team :)

and say you were looking for inspiration for the work football team.

"And so, as you can see from last quarter..."

"OMFG lookat this! I just beat Kidderminster in the FA TROPHY 1st ROUND :D And look at my squad! I've got too many wingers and I play a narrow formation what should I do hey hye hey?!!!111!!!one!"

"Does he work here?"

"No, not any more"

"And so, as you can see from last quarter..."

"OMFG lookat this! I just beat Kidderminster in the FA TROPHY 1st ROUND :D And look at my squad! I've got too many wingers and I play a narrow formation what should I do hey hye hey?!!!111!!!one!"

"Does he work here?"

"No, not any more"

Or maybe in a dream world it would be:

"Does he work here?"

"Yes...he's the new Managing Director. Welcome to the top Mr Toadi."

"Does he work here"

"I bloody well hope so! He got a BSN team to the premiership and saved Russian Strugglers Kuban Krasnodar from Relegation! We'd be stupid NOT to hire him!"

"I just can't believe he put it on his CV"

Archived