Coaching badges

Suggestion for coaching badges to be introduced into the game.

if you recommend an older player for a staff role, if they are interested in assuming that role, they can inform you that they will begin taking their coaching badges.

Then when they have successfully gained their coaching badges, managers (i.e us :)) can then see their coaching stats and make a decision as to whether we want to offer this player a staff role.

What do you think?

Just pretend it already does happen. You still tell people you think they'd make good coaches. They say 'would be interested in being a coach' or whatever - imagine this is them starting the badge process. Then when their stats appear, imagine it's them having completed it.

I essentially do this already but I was thinking that the introduction of coaching badges would allows us as managers in the game to establish at an earliar point which players seriously want to be a coach.

This may help us avoid losing players to retirement that we really wanted to have in our backroom staff as we could have more time (via player interaction) to change their mind about their post playing days.

I essentially do this already but I was thinking that the introduction of coaching badges would allows us as managers in the game to establish at an earliar point which players seriously want to be a coach.

This may help us avoid losing players to retirement that we really wanted to have in our backroom staff as we could have more time (via player interaction) to change their mind about their post playing days.

Oh I see! Yes, I like it.

Suggestion for coaching badges to be introduced into the game.

if you recommend an older player for a staff role, if they are interested in assuming that role, they can inform you that they will begin taking their coaching badges.

Then when they have successfully gained their coaching badges, managers (i.e us :)) can then see their coaching stats and make a decision as to whether we want to offer this player a staff role.

What do you think?

I like it as it happens IRL and so should be implemented in the game. :thup: Let's hope it gets to be in FM11. :thup:

I like it as it happens IRL and so should be implemented in the game. :thup: Let's hope it gets to be in FM11. :thup:.

Yeah and I guess it will work the other way round too, as in members of your playing squad may approach you to ask if there is a position for them on your staff rota if they were to go ahead and gain their badges etc.

Yeah and I guess it will work the other way round too, as in members of your playing squad may approach you to ask if there is a position for them on your staff rota if they were to go ahead and gain their badges etc.

Well, we wouldn't know how good coaches they could be without seeing their coaching attributes, so I'm not sure what would I tell them if they would ask me if there was place for them in my staff after they retire.

Well, we wouldn't know how good coaches they could be without seeing their coaching attributes, so I'm not sure what would I tell them if they would ask me if there was place for them in my staff after they retire.

Good point! Maybe that would be 1 of the responses you could give them ie.

1) Yes , do your badges, you defiantly have a future on my staff

2) Yes, as long as it doesnt affect your approach to playing

3) No, the backroom staff is settled and I have no need to make any changes

4) Maybe depends on how you do acquiring your badges. Come back to me then...

i dont like how one day they are a player and the next a coach. Not alot of players go straight into coaching when they rtire. Id happily see players retire and then a few years later come back as a coach. Dont know the effects this would have on speed by keeping some retired players active in the background

Archived