Moving in the right direction

tak

I read a bit about FM11 and I am glad to say it's moving in the right direction. If this game wants to be a football management simulator, it has to simulate real situations and move away from tactics complexity. As I've said in the past (to wfan's great dissapointment) blackboard or textbook football management is only for the pub or the couch. Real life football management has little to do with tactics. And because tactical nerds worship Mourinho, I'll tell them this: It's NOT his tactics! hahaha

Anyway, let us move to a very serious issue. I have seen many young kids in the past accusing others for cheating because they restart a game or edit players or whatever. Here is a challenge: Who is brave enough to start a save in FM11 and play only that? The reason is simple. If you start a second save you know everything about the transfer market, new talents, what tactics work in this version of FM, how to score from corners etc etc.

This season I will accept criticism only from players who play one save. Everyone else can be quiet re: cheating

Thank you very much

I read a bit about FM11 and I am glad to say it's moving in the right direction. If this game wants to be a football management simulator, it has to simulate real situations and move away from tactics complexity. As I've said in the past (to wfan's great dissapointment) blackboard or textbook football management is only for the pub or the couch. Real life football management has little to do with tactics. And because tactical nerds worship Mourinho, I'll tell them this: It's NOT his tactics! hahaha

Anyway, let us move to a very serious issue. I have seen many young kids in the past accusing others for cheating because they restart a game or edit players or whatever. Here is a challenge: Who is brave enough to start a save in FM11 and play only that? The reason is simple. If you start a second save you know everything about the transfer market, new talents, what tactics work in this version of FM, how to score from corners etc etc.

This season I will accept criticism only from players who play one save. Everyone else can be quiet re: cheating

Thank you very much

This is a very odd post.

Firstly, I'm sure there are Fm players that do only play 1 save, just look at the epic career threads that are posted throughout the forums.

Secondly if someone does play more than 1 save, it doesnt mean they know FM inside and out. I have been playing CM/FM sincer CM3 and I am still constantly learning new things. Why would being Man Utd in 1 save teach me how to manage Gravesend? The players wouldnt be the same, the tactics wouldnt be the same and the scenarios wouldnt be the same.

Football certainly is about tactics as much as it is about anything else.

Just look at the Spurs game the other day, Spurs comfortably controlling the game until the Werder Bremmen manager changed this to put an extra man in midfield, neutralise Spurs threat and they then took control of the 2nd half and changed the momentum of the game. To say tactics dont affect football matches is a tad inaccurate

Thank you very much

So basically you're going to cheat in fm 11 and will only accept criticism from people who play one save? Reloading to replay a game you lost doesn't really compare to having multiple saves in regards to cheating. If you don't want people to criticise you for cheating then don't post about saves you've cheated in.

Playing more than one save is just like playing a game more than once.

What you say is like saying that playing more than one match in FIFA is cheating cause you know how to cross.

Or telling Ferguson that developing Nani is cheating because he already knows how to develop wingers cause he developed Ronaldo.

meh

Playing more than one save is just like playing a game more than once.

What you say is like saying that playing more than one match in FIFA is cheating cause you know how to cross.

Or telling Ferguson that developing Nani is cheating because he already knows how to develop wingers cause he developed Ronaldo.

meh

Nice analogies! yeah the OP's comments make little sense. Seems to me he is a little sensitve after some criticism about his achievements elsewhere in the community

For those of you who have yet to have the fortunate of having a discussion with tak: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/180758-It-s-time-for-a-leap-of-faith

Most of your OP seems relevant to very little, tak. However, how can you say that Mourinho's tactics are "very little" to do with his success? At both Chelsea and Inter, his tactics were a major part of his success. Look at his tactical victories over Chelsea and Barcelona in the Champions League last season for prime examples- his defence was set up just right.

I really dont see why playing more than 1 save is even in the same league as "cheating". It is a game and it is there to be played isnt it?!

As I indicated earliar, every time I play football manager I face new challenges. Whether that be difficulties with players, tactical conundrums, strategic player/manager interactions or scouting and integrating new talent, there is always something to do - and it is different every time dependign onthe clubs and players you deal with.

Cheating - pah!

I really dont see why playing more than 1 save is even in the same league as "cheating". It is a game and it is there to be played isnt it?!

As I indicated earliar, every time I play football manager I face new challenges. Whether that be difficulties with players, tactical conundrums, strategic player/manager interactions or scouting and integrating new talent, there is always something to do - and it is different every time dependign onthe clubs and players you deal with.

Cheating - pah!

Ofcourse

Getting a team out of brazil 3rd Div is totally different to getting Man Utd out of debt and dominating Europe.

Oh wow. Saying FM (And footy in RL) has nothing to do with tactics is surely like saying that footballs are made out of candy floss because I don't understand what footballs are.

In that same respect, I agree with Tak in his "leap of faith" thread.

Overall, the OP was simply put down due to a matter of not understanding tactics, therefore not thinking they're important.

For those of you who have yet to have the fortunate of having a discussion with tak: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/180758-It-s-time-for-a-leap-of-faith

Most of your OP seems relevant to very little, tak. However, how can you say that Mourinho's tactics are "very little" to do with his success? At both Chelsea and Inter, his tactics were a major part of his success. Look at his tactical victories over Chelsea and Barcelona in the Champions League last season for prime examples- his defence was set up just right.

The Mourinho saga has nothing to do with tactics. The media are presenting Mourinho as a tactical wizard and this is his biggest success. The creation of a brand. The fact that you are mentioning Mourinho to support how important tactics are, shows how good he is at what he is doing.

On the subject, can someone please differentiate between repeating one match and repeating one save game? Which gives you a bigger advantage?

The difference between replaying a match and a new save is massive.

One match could be the difference between winning a trophy, being relegated, ensuring somebody else is relegated or even keeping your job.

Starting a new save would mean nothing will be identical, the ai may sign the same players but the results won't be the same. As other people have said, taking a top european side and winning everything is completely different to say taking a sunday league team to the top.

The other thing is that 5 years in the newgens start to show and they're different every time.

I've recently started again because I wanted a new challenge and a much larger database, does that make me a cheat?

The Mourinho saga has nothing to do with tactics. The media are presenting Mourinho as a tactical wizard and this is his biggest success. The creation of a brand. The fact that you are mentioning Mourinho to support how important tactics are, shows how good he is at what he is doing.

I see. This is an "I'm right and everyone else is wrong because I say so" sort of discussion. Congratulations, you're certainly worthy of the internet.

On the subject, can someone please differentiate between repeating one match and repeating one save game? Which gives you a bigger advantage?

Did you seriously ask that question?

And since I am intending to stick with the same save until FM12 comes out, having started it about a month ago, can I criticise you. Does that meet your strict criteria whereby people simply cannot judge you?

The thing is when you say stuff tactics have very little to do with mourinho's success, your pretty much saying that he could have gone to barca, played whatever some half-thought up tactic (maybe he felt like attacking that day), and beaten barca hands down.

So what of hercules then. How much of their victory over barca can be credited to the tactics that they employed then?

In regards to the OP, many people play multiple saves in order to have different experiences. There's a difference between managing Man Utd and managing FC Utd of Manchester mate. Playing in spain is different to playing in South Korea.

That being said, if you don't want criticism then there really isn't any point in you posting anything because you are going to get it. Oh and how can you tell that people you are 'accepting criticism from', how are you sure that they actually have one save? Have you thought about that?

I have a feeling that you will find a way to justify ignoring criticism from anyone you receive it from one save or not.

I'll humour you lol

If you play a game over you can win every game 3-0. That won't happen if you play through an entire season as a different team in a different save.

Good enough for you? :rolleyes:

I'll humour you lol

If you play a game over you can win every game 3-0. That won't happen if you play through an entire season as a different team in a different save.

Good enough for you? :rolleyes:

:thup: Perfectly explained

Starting a new save is obviously 100% different to turning off and restarting before every match that goes against you. ...sadly I feel the OP knows this already and is just putting foward his 'interesting' theories as a way to respond to criticism.

Thank you very much

You can be quiet re: bragging about any ill gotten achievements on this forum.

Thank you very much

Definitely a contender for stupidest poster ever.

Archived